hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I've been having problems with my laptop for a while, but the past couple weeks it has gotten worse.

Before, I was getting blue screens at random points while the computer was in operation. I took everything apart one day and then reassembled it. For some reason the BSODs went away for a couple months. Then, the past two weeks my computer has been having even worse performance issues.

Last week, it would not boot at all and I restored it to factory settings. For a couple days, it worked fine enough. Now it is nearly inoperable. I start the computer up and it moves extremely slow in booting up. Once booted up it takes forever to do the simplest tasks. Then it started BSODing again. So I just did another factory reset again and its stillhanging. I would say 1-2 minutes to just open the start menu.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I suspect RAM. Of course, you can run some HDD testing utilities to see if there are any bad blocks on your hard drive, but $10 says it's faulting RAM.
If you could provide a text presented during BSOD (you should also be able to find it in Event Log) we would be able to say for sure.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
If it blue screens again I will see what I can pull up. It hasn't since this restore, but it probably should again at some point if you're right. Based on current performance I would guess sooner than later. I took a look at Event Viewer last night, and there were some audio errors and program errors from chrome/mcafee. The rest were more or less indecipherable for me.

TheBlissOfPain

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Same thing happened with my laptop, and replacing the RAM fixed it. It is such a bitch though to take apart laptops compared to desktops.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Same thing happened with my laptop, and replacing the RAM fixed it. It is such a bitch though to take apart laptops compared to desktops.
The hardest part about mine is removing the keyboard. That thing is fucking set in there with barely enough room for a 0 flathead screwdriver to slide in. The rest is just keeping track of screws.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If it blue screens again I will see what I can pull up. It hasn't since this restore, but it probably should again at some point if you're right. Based on current performance I would guess sooner than later. I took a look at Event Viewer last night, and there were some audio errors and program errors from chrome/mcafee. The rest were more or less indecipherable for me.
1. When you get BSOD record - write down, or take a picture on your phone of the following areas:

WgO0xEI.jpg

NmUK6E8.png

2. Once system boots up you may get the following popup:

BSOD_Recovered.png

Take a screenshot and also copy all the data in "Problem Details" area and then post it here.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I do know I was getting 7E stop errors before, but that's all I can remember for now. I will await my next BSOD with great anticipation.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What you can do is contact the company that made your computer and ask them what's going on. It's definitely not your hard drive, I can tell you that. What you can also do is go to Best Buy or some other tech store. I recommend Best Buy. They're really helpful.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Have you tried running a virus scan or anything like that?
With the state my computer is in, a virus scan is pretty much out of the question.

What you can do is contact the company that made your computer and ask them what's going on. It's definitely not your hard drive, I can tell you that. What you can also do is go to Best Buy or some other tech store. I recommend Best Buy. They're really helpful if you give them lots and lots of money.

FTFY

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Blue Screen = 90% Memory Issue.

If you have multiple sticks of memory, pull one and use the other and see if this happens again. If so switch them and try again. If they both do try a new stick. If it STILL does it repost.

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
2gb should be able to at least run windows 7 services at a respectable rate, correct? I have a 2gb and 4gb stick in there.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
2gb should be able to at least run windows 7 services at a respectable rate, correct? I have a 2gb and 4gb stick in there.

I have windows 8 and it came with 4 GB. I'd upgrade both memory sticks but that's just me. I went from 4GB to 12GB.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor

Pull the 2, give it a couple days. If no errors then voila, the 2 gig is bad. If it does give BSOD then pull the 4 and leave the 2 and report.