is medium rare better then well done steak

• Total voters

sparsebundle

Mildly Menacing Medic
i think it is, medium rare is such a juicy meat, with a little of juice, beautiful texture and pinky meat, and no there is no parasites in medium rare

Polaris

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I like it well done, medium rare texture makes me want to puke, can't handle the texture.
And for me it's not overcooked, it doesn't taste burn if you do it well.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Make love to your steak (medium rare) dammit! Nothing worse than paying premium for either of these top 10 cuts,
  • Rib eye
  • Strip
  • Filet Mignon - tenderloin cut
  • Porterhouse
  • T-bone
  • Skirt
  • Top sirloin
  • Flank
  • Chuck eye
  • Flat iron
and charring the bejesus outta these badbois! Come on now!! You want these tender and juicy seasoned/flavourful babies to melt in your mouth. Not gnaw on the same piece off your fork for minutes on end. LOL! Granted certain steaks are (excuz) the pun are intended to be eaten...."rare"-ly like the sirloin steak.

Prime rib definitely, medium rare too! I did some culinary training many years ago, and most chefs I'm aware of today prefer to what I stated above. :beercheers::cocktail::wineglass::friedshrimp::meatbone:

Reactions: sparsebundle

Polaris

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I just dislike the texture of raw meat, that's all. It's not the fear of there being bacteria or shit, it's just the texture and the fact that it's so chewy, I just like when the meat is done inside.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
i will fight you in real life tonight, at mcdonalds... since you will already be there for dinner you son of a...

...son of a Chef??? I used to work at Micky D's many many years ago as a HSer. I remember a customer putting in an order to the front staff member for a "rare cooked" burger! Needless to say we were all dumbfounded as all the meat patties comes "flash frozen" He definitely took a wrong turn cuz the lil red headed pig tailed gal was just down the street.... OWWW!!:hamburger:

Being older, wiser, I have my license to go sports hunting and fishing for wild game. When I'm not in the woods or ocean :fish:, I go to my fav butchers for most fresh prepared anything proteins. And crack open some craft beer :beercheers:or homegrown wine. :wineglass:Ohhh Yeeahhaaw!

InFrognito Mode

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I take my steaks medium rare, to medium at most, well done is like meat that wants to be jerky, but still wants to be refined, but does a terible job at it. that is my views on steak.