• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
blackwonder is in the same good-quality community servers niche but the big distinction seems to be they concentrate more on custom game modes whereas skial up until recently had been like 80% vanilla
in both cases i think the credit/contract system branches off from something off alliedmodders, both also use xenforo
skial would be using hlstatsx just as blackwonder does now except it doesn't scale well so it had to be replaced

Bottiger

Administrator
I'm not sure if you are asking this as a real question or just disguising this as a backhanded comment that we need to offer refined too in order to give you an excuse to stay here.

But in case you are wondering.
  • We have a lot more benefits available in the shop, including ones that come out of donation benefits.
  • We have more players, especially on vanilla servers.
  • We have our own custom plugins and maps.
  • Our servers are higher quality in terms of bandwidth and server speed, that's why we have more players with fewer servers, while they can afford to have over 100 that are mostly empty at any given time.
  • Hlstats doesn't work for more than 5-10 servers. Their hlstats install is completely broken and hasn't recorded anything since a month ago. It is basically useless.
xbs6eid.png

Hope this answers your question.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toxik

Saraya

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
I have a maximum preference to skial. even though my beloved fortwars server is no more.

Crow of Death

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Hlstats doesn't work for more than 5-10 servers. Their hlstats install is completely broken and hasn't recorded anything since a month ago. It is basically useless.
It isn't "broken" but just disabled, as it was indeed slow as there are too many servers (Still worked but could take 5 seconds for it to record your kills etc.). Therefore there were 2 solutions, updating it or going for GameME.
That is basically what it is looked at.

We have our own custom plugins and maps.
Blackwonder also has those, like Rocket Pit (Look it up, it's fun.. except no one plays it). It used to have something like Smash, but that died out after some time.

Well, just wanted to point that out when I came across this :grinning:
Have a great day.

EDIT: Why did it use a troll emoji as standard?? Welp, edited at least.

Bottiger

Administrator
It isn't "broken" but just disabled, as it was indeed slow as there are too many servers (Still worked but could take 5 seconds for it to record your kills etc.). Therefore there were 2 solutions, updating it or going for GameME.

It is "broken". I am quite aware of the problems you are having because we used Hlstats at first, and half the data was being lost at only 40 servers, which is what is happening to you. If it takes 5 seconds to record 1 thing, your server won't keep the backlogged data forever.

Just to save you the trouble, Lotus was losing data at GameMe at around 100 servers and then switched to hlstats just to realize it was even worse there.

If it was possible to just use hlstats, why would I bother spending so much time making our own stats website from scratch?

But I do wish you best of luck in trying to optimize it or paying GameMe $170/month to have the same problem, but I guess you can afford it due to the cheaper servers used.

Blackwonder also has those, like Rocket Pit (Look it up, it's fun.. except no one plays it). It used to have something like Smash, but that died out after some time.

If no one plays it, is it really worth mentioning?

Here at Skial we've been pioneers in more ways than any other community out there. I made achievement_idle_awesomebox, the most popular custom map after orange which you are using on your servers. We made the 2nd trade server in TF2, when no one else thought it would be worth having because servers back then cost at least $30/month so we couldn't just spam hundreds of servers like your community is doing now. We made one of the first Jailbreak and Deathrun plugins for TF2. We have dozens of Saxton and Deathrun maps made in our name. We have our own afk manager, autobalance, and ranking system. We have dozens of private plugins that fix exploits, lower lag, deal with griefers, and even stop servers from crashing.... stuff that people would never realize that we have, but is reflected in us having the vast majority of top TF2 servers. We've also helped the TF2 community by releasing public plugins that are used by hundreds of other servers besides us.

To say that your community is remotely comparable to us in custom plugins and maps by saying that you guys made 1 game mode that no one plays, is kind of a stretch.

Last edited:

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I've been in both Bl.w and Skial Jailbreak and VS Saxton Hale server's.

The Skial ones are alot beter In My opinion.

I have a maximum preference to skial. even though my beloved fortwars server is no more.
OMG Fortwars, That brings me so many memories.

Reactions: Reedgreat

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor

Well, just wanted to point that out when I came across this :grinning:
Have a great day.

EDIT: Why did it use a troll emoji as standard?? Welp, edited at least.
inb4 benedevil comes here and has to apologize again on behalf of blackwonder

Tyknighter

Positively Inhumane Poster
I never been on a Black Wonder sever so I only have to take what people say till further notice.