• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

haytil

Mildly Menacing Medic
Is homophobia in chat allowed? What about homophobic slurs, such as "faggot" or calling people "gay" in a derogatory manner?

They seem like they fall under "discrimination" (related to, but not explicitly, gender) and just being a dick, but aren't explicitly called out in the rules for the server that I've seen.

Reason I ask is because there's a regular troll on the server who is generally quite unpleasant and abusive, but somewhat smart - he toes the line just behind racism and griefs just enough to annoy without being blatant. But if homophobia and "faggot" aren't allowed, then I can begin to show some real evidence against this guy.

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's so commonly used, its not enforced. It'd be like punishing players for using the f-word. (F***)

In certain cases, if the mistreatment from one player to another is excessive (especially in a discriminatory way) an admin could take action.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Homophobia isn't allowed.

However, as @Defibyoulater has said - the terms "faggot" and "gay" are typically seen as generic insults.
If it becomes persistent against a specific player just because they're gay - then it may be enforced by an admin.