• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Flyingfirepig

Unremarkable User
Sorry if this is the wrong section, but I've recently moved house and now whenever I connect to a server it pops up with 'VPN' in the center of the screen and a message about possibly being banned in the console. I'm not using a VPN, so is there a way to get my IP address removed from the list of VPN addresses? I double checked and it's definitely a false positive - my IP address is registered to my ISP

• Wow
Reactions: Mr Invincible

Flyingfirepig

Unremarkable User
VPNs can be run on home computers.
Huh, I guess so, but I'm not sure what the point would be. Just trying to get this sorted so I can go back to Skial servers
Edit:
I tried playing to see what would happen and didn't get banned for a few hours, is it just the case that if I play normally (not hacking etc) I can ignore the VPN message?

Last edited:

gala

TF2 Admin
Contributor
is it just the case that if I play normally (not hacking etc) I can ignore the VPN message?
The warning message is because the way your VPN assigns you IP addresses has a moderate to high chance depending on your area to assign an address previously used by a cheater or other banned person (using VPNs is popular among cheaters which leads to tainting of a lot of their addresses), thus banning your account too. Factors are the popularity of the VPN and the area you are playing from if there is a risk or not