Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The issue I am having is this. The modem and the router are working perfectly fine from the what I can get and I am getting all five bars of connection. The issue is that despite having excellent connection, nothing actually connects.

On browsers, I am commonly getting
Err_connection_closed
Err_connection_reset
Err_connection_closed

Anything that requires "online" mode does not work, I.e steam.

I have tried rebooting, resetting the connection with command prompt as well as resetting both the modem and the router. None of them worked.

SHADoW93

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Have you tried hardwiring your PC to the router or a direct connection to the modem?

Also, is the web browser you're using happening to be Google Chrome?

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Looks like your router is blacklisting your PC thus preventing access to the WAN. That's why you have 5 bars (you're actually connected to the network, but router is not letting your PC through.
Check your router's access control list. Should look something like this:

fivQcZN.jpg

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Looks like your router is blacklisting your PC thus preventing access to the WAN. That's why you have 5 bars (you're actually connected to the network, but router is not letting your PC through.
Check your router's access control list. Should look something like this:

fivQcZN.jpg
This looks useful. The problem did solve itself a few weeks back, but I am definitely keeping this on hand.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This looks useful. The problem did solve itself a few weeks back, but I am definitely keeping this on hand.
Sorry, didn't pay attention to the original date of your post. Next time if your problem is resolved - please change the tile to "Problem Resolved". It should prevent the thread that lost its actuality from getting bumped like this.