wendigo4700

Mildly Menacing Medic
Greetings everyone.

Skial owners: would it be possible for you, to increase the maximum of players on these two servers here? Or simply just do it on a trial, to see if its an bad idea or good idea?

skial.com I GOLDRUSH I EU
188.165.211.23:2010

and

skial.com I BADWATER I EU1
94.23.226.200:2010

both payload servers, currently hold max 24 players in each. Just those two server as an start, to see if its an succes.

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
im gonna have to -1 for badwater with 32. it's pretty bad with 24 players already in terms of spam, engies, etc and 32 players will just make it even worse

payload maps in general aren't really good with 32 players

wendigo4700

Mildly Menacing Medic
well...I've been playing in a few 32 player payload servers, and it worked our pretty good. But those servers, are no longer online.

And if I remember correctly, some of the skial payload servers in the past used to be 32 players. And they were always filled up.

And its just a trial

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Correct me if i'm wrong. But the reasson the most of our regular servers are 24 players is that pretty recently, valve forced this by kicking all the 32-player slot servers out of quickplay. This means the most 32 player servers won't get filled up at all.

Also, it's a bad idea to do this on trail, because there is a big chanse the server won't fill up anymore, then the regulars go away, then the server stays empty even when we change it back.
so -1 from me

wendigo4700

Mildly Menacing Medic
well I just found one very popular 32 player payload server. Always filled up so far. So I guess I'll just have to stick to that one, if I wanna play massive payload fun :)

wendigo4700

Mildly Menacing Medic
But on the other hand, I just found one of my older topics, which proves their payload servers once were 32 players.
So how come they were all downgraded to max 24 players now?

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
This suggestion has been declined, would you kindly stop posting.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What are you talking about dude? I see plenty of other 32 players payload servers, to this day today.
Yes but they aren't on Valve's quickplay queue. You know the little button on the main menu that says "Quickplay"? Most TF2 players click that and are whisked away to a random server. Most of the traffic for Skial comes from people who use quickplay. More traffic= more donations= more money= happy Bottiger and healthy servers.

wendigo4700

Mildly Menacing Medic
This suggestion has been declined, would you kindly stop posting.

If I have something to say, then I will say it. And will NOT stop, just because 2-5 people disagrees with my suggestion.
Perhaps you were not around when skials payload servers once were 32 players.

wendigo4700

Mildly Menacing Medic
Yes but they aren't on Valve's quickplay queue. You know the little button on the main menu that says "Quickplay"? Most TF2 players click that and are whisked away to a random server. Most of the traffic for Skial comes from people who use quickplay. More traffic= more donations= more money= happy Bottiger and healthy servers.

Alright. That made sense now. I just wished they would return back to the old days. But I guess this is new times :)

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If I have something to say, then I will say it.

Sure, there is no problem with that. But if you wanne change the "declined" thinggy to "accepted", you gonne have to bring some serieus arguments, arguments that outweight the others that were given.
My opinion is stated above. Do some research before you post here.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
If I have something to say, then I will say it. And will NOT stop, just because 2-5 people disagrees with my suggestion.
Perhaps you were not around when skials payload servers once were 32 players.

Those 2 people are the ones who run the servers. It was most likely Bottiger. If it's declined, it's declined man. Stop wasting your time.

Bottiger

Administrator
All our servers used to be 32 slots because that was what filled up.

But when Valve made quickplay many of them started dying and our payload servers were one of them. I know there are other 32 slot payload servers that fill up, but what can I do? We just don't have as many 32 slot payload fans.