Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human
Any reason as to why you want to buy a laptop rather than a desktop? Is building a computer off the list? Also, what are you going to be doing on this computer (think about the most computer-intensive activities)

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Any reason as to why you want to buy a laptop rather than a desktop? Is building a computer off the list? Also, what are you going to be doing on this computer (think about the most computer-intensive activities)

Just gaming, and the occasional typing of documents for school. Um, I would like a laptop because of portability. I'm not sure the cost of building a computer, I have to look into that

Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human
Just gaming, and the occasional typing of documents for school. Um, I would like a laptop because of portability. I'm not sure the cost of building a computer, I have to look into that

Which games in particular? And what are you happy with? (ie; TF2 @ medium settings). Usually one builds a desktop, not a laptop although not even sure you can do the latter. However, building a desktop is usually much cheaper + more powerful than a laptop for obvious reasons.

If you don't know too much about computer parts and where everything goes, building shouldn't be too much of an option anymore (it's going to be quite though to understand where everything goes)

- Anywho, the processor + RAM is mediocre, and the graphics card isn't really a graphics card. Computers with Intel HD Graphics run into problems with certain games. I have a computer myself that has it and a few games cant be run because of that (ie; usually those whom need OpenGL)

Honestly, I wouldn't get this if this is the lowest price. It would hit somewhere near a decent purchase for the cash, however it is the holiday season, and your bound to get more bang for your buck.

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Which games in particular? And what are you happy with? (ie; TF2 @ medium settings). Usually one builds a desktop, not a laptop although not even sure you can do the latter. However, building a desktop is usually much cheaper + more powerful than a laptop for obvious reasons.

If you don't know too much about computer parts and where everything goes, building shouldn't be too much of an option anymore (it's going to be quite though to understand where everything goes)

- Anywho, the processor + RAM is mediocre, and the graphics card isn't really a graphics card. Computers with Intel HD Graphics run into problems with certain games. I have a computer myself that has it and a few games cant be run because of that (ie; usually those whom need OpenGL)

Honestly, I wouldn't get this if this is the lowest price. It would hit somewhere near a decent purchase for the cash, however it is the holiday season, and your bound to get more bang for your buck.

I don't know diddly squat about computers

Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human
Well I have no room for a desktop so..

Nonsense. Do you live in a house? My dad has a small little office that is around 4 meters by 5.5 meters, and we have a shit load of stuff in it, and I mean a shitload. The biggest ones are, four big office chairs, five desktops (two of which are really outdated), several, several big boxes of clothing and such, and among other things, a giant baby crib that contains even more random stuff (toner ink, printers, stacks of paper, wrapping paper, ribbon, etc)

ProbeX

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The laptop you looking at isn't very good, it's got on board graphics, so gaming would be shit, and a 5400 RPM hard drive over a 7200 RPM makes all the difference. and the processor is Intels lowest end processor. there's no point in having 6 gigs of ram if you can't use it.

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor

I just want to play my games, like Terraria, TF2, Half Life games and Css. I could care less about graphics. I've been playing tf2 on low graphics so long, when I see it in Hi-Rez, it looks weird

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Nonsense. Do you live in a house? My dad has a small little office that is around 4 meters by 5.5 meters, and we have a shit load of stuff in it, and I mean a shitload. The biggest ones are, four big office chairs, five desktops (two of which are really outdated), several, several big boxes of clothing and such, and among other things, a giant baby crib that contains even more random stuff (toner ink, printers, stacks of paper, wrapping paper, ribbon, etc)

yes I live in a house

Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human
I just want to play my games, like Terraria, TF2, Half Life games and Css. I could care less about graphics. I've been playing tf2 on low graphics so long, when I see it in Hi-Rez, it looks weird

Oh, if your playing really non-intensive games (ie; all of those other than TF2) this computer is already fine. But as I said, price is kinda high for the holiday seasons and with your budget you can definitely push for more power.

SarcasticWisdom

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Oh, if your playing really non-intensive games (ie; all of those other than TF2) this computer is already fine. But as I said, price is kinda high for the holiday seasons and with your budget you can definitely push for more power.

Yeah I forgot to add, I just need a laptop to get the job done..so is the laptop I first showed good?

Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human
Yeah I forgot to add, I just need a laptop to get the job done..so is the laptop I first showed good?
The laptop you looking at isn't very good, it's got on board graphics, so gaming would be shit, and a 5400 RPM hard drive over a 7200 RPM makes all the difference. and the processor is Intels lowest end processor. there's no point in having 6 gigs of ram if you can't use it.

If you dont understand the relationship between processors and RAM, think of this way:

Processors is like will. RAM is brain-power. In school, even if your smart as fuck, but if you are not willing to try or pay attention in class, your brain-power (RAM) will simply be a really expensive weight addition.