Planetace

Mildly Menacing Medic
I had been recently muted for literally using my mic for 5 SECONDS on a saxton hale server... Seriously? There should be more clarifications for this system, as it pretty much is abused left right and center. It should be that it alerts a moderator or admin of which they join and make sure the person is spamming, or at least there be some form of PROOF as I have been recently muted for no reason...

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I had been recently muted for literally using my mic for 5 SECONDS on a saxton hale server... Seriously? There should be more clarifications for this system, as it pretty much is abused left right and center. It should be that it alerts a moderator or admin of which they join and make sure the person is spamming, or at least there be some form of PROOF as I have been recently muted for no reason...

No. No no. No no no no. (No!)
We cannot possibly be summoned whenever a votemenu has used.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Then get more admins, or remove some servers. The system is flawed I tell you.

The system is not flawed, the opposite if anything.
Far too many people complain about it never working.

We don't need more admins, we shouldn't follow your system.
We shouldn't remove some servers, because then - you'd have no where to play!
You can collect evidence that you were falsely silenced and we will remove it and punish.
But this kind of system is a terrible idea for many reasons.

Planetace

Mildly Menacing Medic
The system is not flawed, the opposite if anything.
Far too many people complain about it never working.

We don't need more admins, we shouldn't follow your system.
We shouldn't remove some servers, because then - you'd have no where to play!
You can collect evidence that you were falsely silenced and we will remove it and punish.
But this kind of system is a terrible idea for many reasons.

Im sorry, I'm just stressed. I just want to talk and it seems like it follows me to all servers. Plus, it doesn't just disable my voice chat either, it prevents typed messages as well... Just believe me that It can be abused OK?

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Im sorry, I'm just stressed. I just want to talk and it seems like it follows me to all servers. Plus, it doesn't just disable my voice chat either, it prevents typed messages as well... Just believe me that It can be abused OK?

I'm fully aware that it can be abused, but we shouldn't make this change to fix that
We've punished for votemenu abuse for a long time - because it happens.
However, it's not serious enough to call an admin each time it is used.

Planetace

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm fully aware that it can be abused, but we shouldn't make this change to fix that
We've punished for votemenu abuse for a long time - because it happens.
However, it's not serious enough to call an admin each time it is used.
Just listen to this... I am unique as I report things that break the rules, even if its just one time...

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Just listen to this... I am unique as I report things that break the rules, even if its just one time...

You're not unique, many people do that in order to improve the servers for everyone.
If you're this upset by votemenu abuse you should record demos so you have evidence if it happens.
This kind of change is way over the top if you require each votemenu to be verified by an admin.
...there's no point having the system if that was the case.

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
I've been muted unfairly several times due to vote-abuse. Simply report the player who started the vote.
As for proof, there are many players on the server that you can use as witnesses.

Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
We would need more than hearsay
Another method that can be used is to enable in-game demos to record all the time. Simply stop the demo once a vote abuse has been committed and attach the demo file in the report.