• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Jackier Paper, I believe his name was. Did a ban on him because he was continually make his sole purpose to spawn camp the defensive team with stickies so they can't get off of their team. Although it isn't a rule yet, it is common sense, and I know that everyone agrees that it isn't cool to do. Although it isn't bannable, he kept ignoring admins on server, and then went on to continually taunt while he killed someone in the middle of the battlefield whenever killing an admin, which his team told him to cut out.
Been blocked more times than I can count, and he's probably gunna show in a few minutes.

Doki

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
"everyone agrees"

everyone spawn camps when they get the chance, get over it.

Cinic said:
and then went on to continually taunt while he killed someone

you gotta be fucking kidding me, not this again.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Taunting is part of the game, but according to Bottiger, taunting in the middle of the battlefield to troll and aggrivating your team IS an offense considered griefing.

Bombz

Mildly Menacing Medic
I don't know, I got to call you out on this one. Taunting is a part of the game, saying it's trolling or not helping your team is as debatable as trying to dictate what classes people play because the 4th engineer isn't "helping" the team. You seem to taunt people over voice quite a bit CiNiC, so I'm not sure how that's any different.

And spawn camping, if they're not against the rules set forth by bottiger for skial, isn't against the rules regardless of your own interpretations.

No wonder people complain -_-.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I could understand if you were standing there doing nothing but taunting.... doing it after killing people though...that's the universal rub it in your face button. If taunting after kills was against the rules, zeebs wouldn't be here.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You can mute me through your own console, and you can stop me from doing it. I can't stop someone from taunting me. And it wasn't my own idea, it was my team complaining about it. "This demo keeps spawn camping us, can you do anything?"

And taunting is fine, but he did it in the middle of a battlefield just to kill me and knowingly getting himself killed while next to the point even, messing with his team's push, and they even acknowledged that.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Zebra stopped doing it out of decency, and he does it when he's safe and can't be killed and isn't pushing. He didn't.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
"everyone agrees"

everyone spawn camps when they get the chance, get over it.

you gotta be fucking kidding me, not this again.
He didn't "get a chance", he made it the object of his game to go and spawn camp.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If you are a demo, there's a sentry around the corner that you can EASILY destroy with your sticky launcher without getting shot ONCE, and you choose to troll someone on the other team just to be an asshole and getting yourself killed consciously? Yeah, totally reasonable. It's being an asshole and ruining the fun for everyone, on your team and against you.

Any other questions?

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Just throwing it out there...but a 30 minute voteban wouldn't have sufficed? I mean if he was hindering and bothering his team, then the vote shouldn't have had any problems passing, right?

Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Because I love being spawn camped with sticky bombs for a full minute, with no way to counter it. He did it 3 times, after CiNiC politely asked him to stop.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Just throwing it out there...but a 30 minute voteban wouldn't have sufficed? I mean if he was hindering and bothering his team, then the vote shouldn't have had any problems passing, right?
Some votespammer did a random voteban against a regular player today, vephs, and it got 81% out of 85%. People either slap no or yes to get rid of the chat so they can swap weapons. Everyone knows that only works when something is severely inhibiting. I had 2 or 3 on their team talking about him, and the rest probably don't give a fuck.

It's how it is, and if you want to give a motivational speech of action every time you join the server about voting properly, you're more than free to.

Bombz

Mildly Menacing Medic
Not quite sure how anyone considers spawn camping, on dustbowl no less, lame. First and foremost, for a spawn camp to be effective at all, the enemy has to make it there early during the round, typically before the first point is capped. This means that:

1. They have to use an uber to get there, this is a sacrifice. If your team doesn't follow the uber to disperse of them, that's bad play on your teams behalf.
2. They have to sticky jump, thus sacrificing health to get there, if no one notices a demoman or soldier doing this, again this is bad on your team.
3. Spawn camping is nothing more than stopping enemy reinforcements. What are people who make it to your spawn supposed to do? Plant stickies 10 feet far from the door so you can see them first? Just because it rages you, shouldn't mean anything. Demomen can trap any part of a map, they don't give you warnings first.
4. Dead ringer spy, put up DR, walk out, cause him to detonate and be on constant lookout for a Spy. In this case, your team will have a chance to progress because he will be focusing on you.
5. Bonk scout. Scouts are the Demos hard counter, he beats you in that situation, tough luck.

And finally, what exactly do you think red does to blu on the first stage of dustbowl? Additionally, do you think red would have any problems whatsoever on say, 2nd or 3rd stage, pushing blu back to their own spawn and camping it?

TLDR: If you allow a spawn camper to get to your spawn, he deserves the several kills he gets. If your team seriously can't coordinate against one demo, you deserve every thing you get.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Sticky jump to the big health kit easily, get full health again. Sticky jump and have somewhat low health and get to the pills on top of stage 1. Stands on spawn door, killing teleporter, and numerous teammates. Regardless of any bullshit that your team can pull off, he gets kills the second your teammates spawn, with no choice. The other team can go out the middle or the right side and theoretically live, or have a better chance at pushing. There is no avoiding that without changing classes and using some momentarily unconventional tactic just because someone deicdes to watch your spawn door so you can't leave.

Anyone denying that sticky camping over and over outside of respawn is retarded is retarded themselves.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Some votespammer did a random voteban against a regular player today, vephs, and it got 81% out of 85%. People either slap no or yes to get rid of the chat so they can swap weapons. Everyone knows that only works when something is severely inhibiting. I had 2 or 3 on their team talking about him, and the rest probably don't give a fuck.

It's how it is, and if you want to give a motivational speech of action every time you join the server about voting properly, you're more than free to.
votes really need to be put on 4-5 instead of 1-2

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I agree, but I am pretty sure that would still mess with weapon swap because it's the primary thing on the screen at the time.

Bombz

Mildly Menacing Medic
Sticky jump to the big health kit easily, get full health again. Sticky jump and have somewhat low health and get to the pills on top of stage 1. Stands on spawn door, killing teleporter, and numerous teammates. Regardless of any bullshit that your team can pull off, he gets kills the second your teammates spawn, with no choice. The other team can go out the middle or the right side and theoretically live, or have a better chance at pushing. There is no avoiding that without changing classes and using some momentarily unconventional tactic just because someone deicdes to watch your spawn door so you can't leave.

Anyone denying that sticky camping over and over outside of respawn is retarded is retarded themselves.
It is a very and I mean very understood thing that a demoman worth 2 cents is going to sticky jump on first stage to the mega health. So what do you do? Well, your engineers could setup a bit better by not placing a dispenser directly behind the sentry that is on the bridge railroad tracks, thus blocking the line of sight to the demo who landed there. In this scenario, he'll almost never live.

And I just gave you the choices, if your teammates behind you spawn and see you die at the door, well guess what, a Demoman is camping your door. Go Scout or DR spy as I said. If you don't have medics on your team what do you do? You go medic. It's about doing what's best for the team. If people would rather just stick to their classes because they want to be spawn camped for a few minutes, tough luck.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I went spy DR and he still killed 2 heavies and a medic because he spawn camped, as well as the teleporter.

It's an asshole thing to do, regardless of who you ask, and does ruin other peoples' fun who can't counter it.