• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This would have been a good idea if the regs here still played tf2...
A4aSMFs.jpg

Mission Accomplished! Just want to thank @shoo and @Chance. You guys are the best! And semi-good huntsmans.

Reactions: ly_dee and Chance

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
A4aSMFs.jpg

Mission Accomplished! Just want to thank @shoo and @Chance. You guys are the best! And semi-good huntsmans.

the seeding worked cause like 4 of us joined and the server filled in no time flat
I'm glad to see you guys did it.

All i keep hearing on the forums is TF2 is dead. No, it's not dead yet, check the stats. Community servers are the ones that are dying and i feel like no one besides defib and myself (maybe other people i don't know of?) is trying to do anything about it to save skial from dying, which is pretty sad. I spent almost an hour yesterday joining full servers to spread the word about the new servers addition. I also tried to help seed the Orange+ x10 randomizer EU server but it wasn't really successful. All of that probably isn't much but still, at least i did something.

People who spend their time shitposting on discord or on the forums could go in a server and talk to each other there and help seed servers at the same time. I'm not criticizing anyone here, you do what you want with your time and you play what game you want. This is just an example of how you could help.

I know it's just a gaming community and it isn't first world problems. Skial isn't going to live forever but together as a community we can certainly help to make it live longer.

It gives me no motivation doing it all by myself so i'm glad to see people who don't normally play TF2 like shoo and eatmytaytays joined you. I hope more people do that in the future.

Done ranting.

Bottiger

Administrator
All i keep hearing on the forums is TF2 is dead. No, it's not dead yet, check the stats. Community servers are the ones that are dying and i feel like no one besides defib and myself (maybe other people i don't know of?) is trying to do anything about it to save skial from dying, which is pretty sad. I spent almost an hour yesterday joining full servers to spread the word about the new servers addition. I also tried to help seed the Orange+ x10 randomizer EU server but it wasn't really successful. All of that probably isn't much but still, at least i did something.

People who spend their time shitposting on discord or on the forums could go in a server and talk to each other there and help seed servers at the same time. I'm not criticizing anyone here, you do what you want with your time and you play what game you want. This is just an example of how you could help.

It is no big secret that Valve updates have been harming community servers causing whatever little is left to be driven towards custom game modes which haven't been our primary focus.

But we still have dozens of servers that fill up every day and the largest community out of anyone else. We still reach 800+ concurrent players and 2 servers that have around 30 players 24/7 every day. We're not disappearing any time soon, and no one even comes close to us in terms of the quality of our servers and regulars.

If you still like community TF2, we are your best bet for riding this wave out for however long it may last.

I also wouldn't expect the new servers like x10 or randomizer to fill up in 2 days. It will take some more time and I believe they will get much better once summer vacation starts. Right now there are 18 people on the new servers and I think that's a good start.

Last edited:

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Seeding Payload | US | Fast
connect 104.153.105.97:27016

I'm surprised to wake up to this server being empty.