• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

findioth8r

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
On the 2-fort LA, one player was being a total d-bag. I used the ignore command on him, but it didn't work. Has ignore functionality been removed, even though it says "Ignoring $player" ?

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm guessing you tried to mute their chat with this command?

!ignore, or /ignore only mutes the voice communication of a player.
The in-game "Players List" mute function mutes the chat and voice communication.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster

The in-game "Players List" mute function mutes the chat and voice communication.
Sorry but with voice communication do you mean talking through the mic or those voice commands.

findioth8r

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
interesting. I could have

Wow, I could have sworn the ignore command worked with voice/text both. Is it different on some servers vs others?

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Sorry but with voice communication do you mean talking through the mic or those voice commands.

Talking through the microphone, though if anyone knows how to hide voice commands in chat please let me know.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
interesting. I could have

Wow, I could have sworn the ignore command worked with voice/text both. Is it different on some servers vs others?

I'm honestly not sure, I thought it worked the way you initially thought and I believed it was broken.
Though after messaging an admin, testing it for them and them checking... it turned out it was working properly.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
Well Client Mute is better.
Agree. Nowadays I'd rather have a chat mute rather than a mic mute. Mics are more often used for quick talk (useful or not) while chat is filled with shitty spam (mostly talking about vsh). If people aren't saying something relevant in the mic they're probably not gonna go the extra mile and type something useful.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I know that I've typed the ignore command previously trying to hide people who use Lenny faces/say something dumb after each kill constantly, only to remember that isn't how it works.

LiterallyCody

Totally Ordinary Human
I know that I've typed the ignore command previously trying to hide people who use Lenny faces/say something dumb after each kill constantly, only to remember that isn't how it works.
Lmao, that's me on tf2, after every domination.

>insert lenny face
>wat r u casul?
>git gud

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Agree. Nowadays I'd rather have a chat mute rather than a mic mute. Mics are more often used for quick talk (useful or not) while chat is filled with shitty spam (mostly talking about vsh). If people aren't saying something relevant in the mic they're probably not gonna go the extra mile and type something useful.

Mic vs chat for me depends entirely on the other players, if someone begins using a microphone then I'll use mine however I'm not going to use a microphone if everyone else is using chat.