Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
In all seriousness I'm assumnig HL3 is delayed due to Valve working on a new engine. When asked about a new engine Gabe said "we are working on engine stuff"

That could also contribute to Valve not currently making many games for the time being.

Just my personal guess.

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
In all seriousness I'm assumnig HL3 is delayed due to Valve working on a new engine. When asked about a new engine Gabe said "we are working on engine stuff"

That could also contribute to Valve not currently making many games for the time being.

Just my personal guess.

That's exactly what's happening. OpenGL and Linux are the future of gaming. Sadly Valve's pretty much the biggest company that currently supports that type of movement plus a bunch of indie developers. The biggest issue I'm having personally is a bunch of stupid motherfuckers that keep saying "I'm never going to buy an EA game ever again" *new game from EA appears* ...... *buys game*. People just buy games all the friggin' time no matter what platform it's on (Yes Windows has the semi-monopoly but it's still ridiculous that people just buy games for the sole purpose of buying games and never playing them).

I get it, you people want to play your video games, you don't care about what platform it's on but- *rambles*.

On topic: Source 2 will pretty much be strictly cross platform between the 3 mainstream OS's. Big risk that Valve is more than willing to take.

Reactions: NTU

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Valve's multitasking on a bunch of things, like Steambox and making Linux a more appealing option for games - pretty much the only reason I haven't migrated from Win7.

If that means Half-Life 3 sits on the back burner a few more years, cool with me. Maybe those idiots bleating over it on YouTube will tire out by the time it finally rolls around.

Reactions: NTU

NTU

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
No idea wtf you guys just said.
I just shared this because it was funny.

Edit: Actually I do.
And I did find this funny.

Last edited: