sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My old Netgear WTG shat the bed, so I can't play online with people. I need a new router, and any recommendations are welcome. Preferably under 200 please. I'm not sure if this matters at all, but my provider is Cox Comminications.

It needs to be compatible with the connect types listed under "Wii U" and "3DS", at least.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/routers/compatible.jsp

My house usually has:
2 smart devices being used
2 rokus playing Netflix or Hulu
Online gaming

I'm thinking of getting this one-
http://www.walmart.com/ip/NETGEAR-N300-Wireless-Router/10928683#ProductDetail

Last edited:

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I have two Netgear N750's at my house. Awesome routers with a lot of features such as, dual band (5G and 2.4 GHz band), 802.11n compatibility, guest wireless access (separated from your home network), Gigabit Ethernet ports, USB port for network printer or share, high coverage range, user-friendly management interface, remote reset, and a lot of other good things.

BestBuy seems to have the best price for them right now - $99. Amazon sells them for $150 and Newegg - for $200.

EDIT: Walmart has even better price of $88.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chance

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I have two Netgear N750's at my house. Awesome routers with a lot of features such as, dual band (5G and 2.4 GHz band), 802.11n compatibility, guest wireless access (separated from your home network), Gigabit Ethernet ports, USB port for network printer or share, high coverage range, user-friendly management interface, remote reset, and a lot of other good things.

BestBuy seems to have the best price for them right now - $99. Amazon sells them for $150 and Newegg - for $200.

EDIT: Walmart has even better price of $88.
This seems great! Thank you for the informative & helpful post. I just have 1 question, how easy is set up? If I just want it to have a password & a name is it confusing? My Grandfather has the main computer, and our modem & router are in his room, so if it takes too long he starts showing his age and he starts getting frustrated.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This seems great! Thank you for the informative & helpful post. I just have 1 question, how easy is set up? If I just want it to have a password & a name is it confusing? My Grandfather has the main computer, and our modem & router are in his room, so if it takes too long he starts showing his age and he starts getting frustrated.
There is nothing simpler than Genie App (it's pre-installed on the router):

Last edited:
Reactions: sboles