• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Node

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
"5 years ago I was a little edgy kid"
"I only installed the cheat as a joke"
"I don't think I should be banned"

It is really enjoyable reading the reasons people who break the rules think they should be unbanned. It feels like those sites with recipes where 80% of the page is some life story.

Reactions: Gamer4605

Node

My favorite is when they tell their sob story. Then when the admins show/explain why they were banned they go full Karen and start insulting them. Like yes, this is the best strategy to getting unbanned, big brain time.

worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
My favorite is when they tell their sob story. Then when the admins show/explain why they were banned they go full Karen and start insulting them. Like yes, this is the best strategy to getting unbanned, big brain time.
I've spoken with work colleagues about this sort of behaviour recently. We occasionally have customers who try and get things for free using dodgy vouchers, or try and jump the queue to get in the store using some excuse, and when they are politely refused they become nasty and insulting. It's exactly the same pattern of behaviour you get from shoplifters when they realise you are wise to their intentions. More and more, I take these bizarre instances of rapidly worsening attitude as confirmation that they are guilty.

Reactions: KinCryos and Skull1

Node

I saw the same too when I worked retail. People just don't know that it just makes them look more quilty and they're less likely to get what they want. If someone wanted a refund (which we weren't suppose to do) and they were nasty, I would just refuse and state company policy. If they were nice and understanding, there was a way I could fudge the rules to allow the refund.

I found acting nasty was mainly coming from either children, or people who didn't mature or grow out of highschool. Guess those are also the types who make the ban appeals when they are obviously in the wrong.

Reactions: worMatty