I haven't really played VSH since 2012, What can I expect now?

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by Dork Sauls IV: Bloodboner, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Dork Sauls IV: Bloodboner

Dork Sauls IV: Bloodboner Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

I used to play VSH back in the day, but I took a long hiatus from tf2, only coming back earlier this year. Have there been any major changes to the VSH game mode in the last 6 years? I remember playing as HHHH, Saxton, Vagineer, and the Christian Brutal Sniper in Freak Fortress maps. What else has been introduced? Have people changed their tactics a whole bunch, and has anything been banned or changed?

2. Meowcenary

Meowcenary TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

I couldn't comment on Freak Fortress as I don't play there.

As far as VSH goes:
    - Same bosses remain (HHH, Saxton Hale, Vagineer, Easterbunny)
    - Saxton Hale (the boss) got a model update since 2012 if I recall correctly
    - Headless horseman can climb walls by hitting his axe on a wall
    - Snipers can do the same in terms of wall climbing with a stock melee weapon
    - Snipers do headshot damage on a body shot making headshots unnecessary
    - stock sniper rifle hits on a boss can make a red/blue outline around the boss that players can see through walls for a short amount of time
    - direct rocket hits very temporarily stop bosses from moving (at least with the stock rocket launcher)
    - Either the man treads or the gunboats reduce fall damage and increase rocket jump distance. Can't remember which one was which
    - Invisible spies have reduced damage taken allowing them to survive at least one hit by a boss

That's all I can recall ,its been awhile. But generally there hasn't been anything too dramatic that was changed.

3. Dork Sauls IV: Bloodboner

Dork Sauls IV: Bloodboner Scarcely Lethal Noob

Steam:

Hey, thanks a lot! I actually remember the snipers being able to climb. They had that in at least Freak Fortress when I stopped playing. It's good to know that a lot of the base mechanics have stayed the same.

4. Meowcenary

Meowcenary TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

Keep in mind those things are regarding VSH. Freakfortress is something else entirely. Same boss battle concept but different balance

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice