Doctor Who

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I finally got around to installing the RP last night and I installed it because for some reason my then current build became corrupt. So it installs and I get in. I use it then shut it down and go to bed. I wake up next morning, stay home from a field trip I don't want to be at, and I boot to find that it won't boot right. So because after 2 boots it automatically tries to repair itself, it tried that but it failed, and then I tried to use command prompt and whatnot but it messed the accounts up because apparently you have to log into the admin account to use repair tools, so I couldn't use them. Then I tried to install the CP again. It installed fine, but for some reason it was corrupt and the interface crashed when I unlocked it. So I go to install RP using an ISO I had put on a disc but it won't boot from it because I stupidly forgot to burn it on instead of just putting it on. Then I go to install CP again and it makes it until the final stage where it says it's getting my PC ready
qz0oqv.png

but then it gets stuck on this forever so I shut it down and then I start it up but it doesn't work and then I shut it down and start it up to try the repairs again but it was futile so then I downloaded the ISO again on a different computer and burned it on a DVD with a burning program and then I put it in the DVD drive and booted my computer from that and it worked and I'm typing from that and I love Metro but I use the desktop most of the time.

I just hope it doesn't crash on startup after I shut it down like the first time I installed RP

xKINGMOBx

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Cool try, but why help troubleshoot their product at this stage? I assume you have a box just for fucking around with OS?

Have you toyed around with VMware? If it isn't too bloated you can run it in there without ever installing, just to experiment.

Is your avatar Crispin Glover?

THEK

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
I don't think that's the latest version. The latest consumer preview doesn't have the fish icon. It just says Windows.

Once you install it it's not a bad OS in theory, the problem is putting a tablet OS on a desktop. Something which Microsoft didn't see through their rose tinted glasses.

xKINGMOBx

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
LOL

Crispin Glover is an actor and Dr Who is a role, so your trolling is bad, and you should feel bad