• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggs

Unremarkable User
1. Name: Riggs!

2. Steam ID: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010804268

3. Link to ban: skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&advSearch=STEAM_0:0:25269270&advType=steamid&Submit

4. HLstats link: stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerinfo&player=144906

Reason for appeal: I see that the ban is only 24 hours, but still, there's the principle: I got banned for high fiving an opposing player while passing him on my way into the enemy base? I'm only guessing that's the reason because five seconds after I did that, without warning, I got kicked. "Cinic," who executed the ban, lists the reason as "friendly griefing," a strangely phrased idea which speaks to the strangeness of the ban--it took both me and the other guy to do it, and we were just having a moment of fun, which...I mean seriously. It just seems draconian to be banned for this. All mission all the time? No room for fun in TF2? I've been playing on Skial 2fort+ NY and LA a lot lately because they're full of quality players and fun people, and it's always a good time. This sort of ban--for me or anyone--doesn't seem to fit the vibe of the server (or of TF2).

sov

Legendary Skial King
"friendly griefing" means that you were being a friendly which means that you were not helping your team by killing the enemy team. That would be griefing.

Friendlies are players who grief by being "nice" to the other team and not killing them, therefore not helping your team out and just taking up the server slot for someone that wants to play.

I'll let CiNiC take it from here.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
"friendly griefing" means that you were being a friendly which means that you were not helping your team by killing the enemy team. That would be griefing.

Friendlies are players who grief by being "nice" to the other team and not killing them, therefore not helping your team out and just taking up the server slot for someone that wants to play.

I'll let CiNiC take it from here.

Yes, but the second part of the ban is "griefing," which is described as harming your team for an extended amount of time. If he wasted ten seconds to give someone a high-five, that isn't necessarily griefing. If you stood there and did it for five minutes, then it would definitely be griefing. I don't know anything besides Riggs' side of the story, so I don't know what exactly went down, but a single high-five isn't that much of an issue, if that is the case.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Sorry, I was out for the evening. Just saw your comment on the photo while I was about to sign off.

Yeah, you went in the sewers, and stood on a heavy's head, crouching in front of him, not firing. You then proceeded to hi-five people on the enemy team (a plugin which was primarily made for Idle/Trade Server and end-crit immunity, at that), and tried to start a "sewer" party.

People go to 2fort to - gasp - play 2fort. If people want to go onto Idle to do "friendly", or unorthodox gameplay, they're free to.

Parting gift: A screenshot.
F9935A258435647F3CAE1116A5D4DDAAA7796ABB

Devin64156

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Riggs next time the enemy team wants a high five just do what I do. Give them 1 high five for a split second and as they cherish the moment murder them like the dogs that they are and then laugh at them in chat and tada problem is solved. You both get your high five and you get a free kill.

Riggs

Unremarkable User
The ban is done but before I go I just have to address these points, because it matters for the long term quality of your servers that you don't have authorities acting in, arguably, arbitrary and questionable ways. This isn't a trivial point in the context of the server communities. I won't play on these Skial servers again which, I know, doesn't matter and isn't any matter for Skial or anyone else--it's my loss because I will miss playing with my server friends mostly on 2Fort+ LA. But it was disturbing the way this was handled: that is, kicking and banning me without a hint of problem or warning for lighthearted behavior common and ubiquitous on a server I frequent, and frequently play hard on.

People go to 2fort to - gasp - play 2fort.

Right, that I do. Or did. But this isn't a highlander match, and its not even a standard respawn, 24 player server: it's 24-7 with player count bumped to 32, nearly instant respawn, and enemy high five enabled. The offense for which I was banned, for which you've provided a nice screen shot, is a featured allowed by this server's settings.

Yeah, you went in the sewers, and stood on a heavy's head, crouching in front of him, not firing.

I'm sorry but this is simply not true. There isn't even a heavy in your shot and there wasn't one anywhere around. I play scout so in other situations, at other times, I'm often above players. Anyway here I ran into the soldier on the left of your screen. We had one of those weird funny 2fart moments. We high fived. Red team started running in and I knew I was going to get destroyed. I high fived again welcoming my fate. Medic got into it and taunted, so did solly again. I guess you're the scout there, the one who found this upsetting. So you banned all of us down there? No one else seemed to be having much of a problem with it. It's 2Fort.

Look you can't even grief the enemy--they can just kill you. Anyone there could just have killed me. You could have. Instead you kick banned me. It's not a big deal if one person like me doesn't come back and play on these servers, I know. I'm nobody. This is your place and you get to kick ban whomever you want, and I'll just go play somewhere else. But I would hope that Skial takes notice of the fact that the...simply unfriendly...and I think arbitrary use of authority does have an effect of turning away and turning off people who were otherwise relatively dedicated players and I'd like to think friendly and good players on your servers. I hope to see you around, Devin.

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The ban is done but before I go I just have to address these points, because it matters for the long term quality of your servers that you don't have authorities acting in, arguably, arbitrary and questionable ways. This isn't a trivial point in the context of the server communities. I won't play on these Skial servers again which, I know, doesn't matter and isn't any matter for Skial or anyone else--it's my loss because I will miss playing with my server friends mostly on 2Fort+ LA. But it was disturbing the way this was handled: that is, kicking and banning me without a hint of problem or warning for lighthearted behavior common and ubiquitous on a server I frequent, and frequently play hard on.

Right, that I do. Or did. But this isn't a highlander match, and its not even a standard respawn, 24 player server: it's 24-7 with player count bumped to 32, nearly instant respawn, and enemy high five enabled. The offense for which I was banned, for which you've provided a nice screen shot, is a featured allowed by this server's settings.

I'm sorry but this is simply not true. There isn't even a heavy in your shot and there wasn't one anywhere around. I play scout so in other situations, at other times, I'm often above players. Anyway here I ran into the soldier on the left of your screen. We had one of those weird funny 2fart moments. We high fived. Red team started running in and I knew I was going to get destroyed. I high fived again welcoming my fate. Medic got into it and taunted, so did solly again. I guess you're the scout there, the one who found this upsetting. So you banned all of us down there? No one else seemed to be having much of a problem with it. It's 2Fort.

Look you can't even grief the enemy--they can just kill you. Anyone there could just have killed me. You could have. Instead you kick banned me. It's not a big deal if one person like me doesn't come back and play on these servers, I know. I'm nobody. This is your place and you get to kick ban whomever you want, and I'll just go play somewhere else. But I would hope that Skial takes notice of the fact that the...simply unfriendly...and I think arbitrary use of authority does have an effect of turning away and turning off people who were otherwise relatively dedicated players and I'd like to think friendly and good players on your servers. I hope to see you around, Devin.
Admins aren't required to warn. I was leaving, saw that, and took care of it.
I was in spectate, and the heavy was in the other corner.
It was a goddamn one day ban, and the next time you do a sewer party, the length will be increased. I don't understand why you felt writing paragraphs on 2fort when your ban was already expired serves any purpose.
I didn't say you griefed the enemy - it was the server

Lockin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.