AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
I am able to run tf2 on my laptop and update it correctly, but I somewhat can't run things such as Itunes, Maplestory, Mumble, and League Of Legends. What might be the problem here?
I Don't know if anything is blocked or not and I tried removing some stuff.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Also confirm if you are / are not running filtering software e.g. PeerBlock, Antivirus Firewall, and so on.

krze

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
You still haven't told us what type of error you are getting as you try to open those programs. Can you explain what happens when you try to open itunes and etc?

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
For Itunes, I start running it, then it stops responding.I Didn't do anything else. I redownloaded Itunes, and then it dosn't respond.
Also, says something like this when I try getting LoL download.
"Your system is currently not allowing access to our servers. Check your Firewall and/or security software settings to allow PMB.exe to run. Visit the help page or contact us at Download@pandonetworks.com for further assistance. Would you like to retry the connection?"
And even with my firewalls down, I still can't run it.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
is it the newest version of itunes? I know sometimes upgrading can lead to issues. Try to see if you can rollback to an earlier version.

Alternately, how are your system resources? If you go into task manager does it seem like you're running at 99% cpu when things lock up?

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
It is the new version of itunes, downloaded directly from their site. I ain't sure how to exactly rollback to an earlier version.
On the windows task manager, it says my CPU Usage is about 2%-8%. And I aint sure what you mean by "lock up"

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It is the new version of itunes, downloaded directly from their site. I ain't sure how to exactly rollback to an earlier version.
On the windows task manager, it says my CPU Usage is about 2%-8%. And I aint sure what you mean by "lock up"
when i-tunes or whatever stops responding what % are you running at?

krze

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Just curious, do you have an anti-virus?

If you do, try to update it and run a full scan. Also try to run a full scan of http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Some virus block programs from starting and even you from downloading new programs. So just want to check on that.

AfireAzuaki

Epic Skial Regular
when i-tunes or whatever stops responding what % are you running at?
from 8% to 20%, then down to 8% to 12%

Just curious, do you have an anti-virus?

If you do, try to update it and run a full scan. Also try to run a full scan of http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Some virus block programs from starting and even you from downloading new programs. So just want to check on that.
I dont have an anit virus on this laptop, I believe so.

butterfingersman

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Malwarebytes > Every other anti-virus, in my opinion.
I wouldn't use anything else.
Run that and find if your comp has a virus that's preventing you from running programs.