• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE
Status
Not open for further replies.

rupp

Unremarkable User
There's "friendly" idiots semi-regularly on 2FORT EU. It's annoying. There's six people in respawn right now dancing and the server is full. They're wasting a slot of people who actually want to play and unbalancing the teams with this crap. Who do I contact to get these people kicked? I don't want to take a demo and report because by the time I do all that, they're long gone.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
There's "friendly" idiots semi-regularly on 2FORT EU. It's annoying. There's six people in respawn right now dancing and the server is full. They're wasting a slot of people who actually want to play and unbalancing the teams with this crap. Who do I contact to get these people kicked? I don't want to take a demo and report because by the time I do all that, they're long gone.
Record a demo by typing record <any name> and send it to any Skial admin and we'll be happy to help. Or simply add one of us

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
If teammates are refusing to advance the objective, just record them, and report them. Skial staff will take action.

Perhaps a votekick would work also, provided there are enough non-friendlies to pass the vote on a friendly.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Also, your concern about them disconnecting while you file that report, it doesn't matter. Even people that disconnected can be banned or silenced. Just take your time with the report.

Jusey1

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Last I check, being friendly isn't really a huge thing. I mean seriously, it's a 24/7 2Fort server. People who've been on that server for a long time will eventually get bored of the objection and start messing around (either being friendly, doing stupid loadout ideas, or other stuff). I see this happen all the time myself in any 24/7 "MAP HERE" server, not just Skial's and not just 2Fort.

My best suggestion really is, if ya wanna get away from it. Play competitive or on other servers which aren't 24/7 "MAP HERE" servers... Having a variety of maps being played on a server keeps it from being extremely boring to do the objection.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Last I check, being friendly isn't really a huge thing. I mean seriously, it's a 24/7 2Fort server. People who've been on that server for a long time will eventually get bored of the objection and start messing around (either being friendly, doing stupid loadout ideas, or other stuff). I see this happen all the time myself in any 24/7 "MAP HERE" server, not just Skial's and not just 2Fort.

My best suggestion really is, if ya wanna get away from it. Play competitive or on other servers which aren't 24/7 "MAP HERE" servers... Having a variety of maps being played on a server keeps it from being extremely boring to do the objection.
It's against the rules. That automatically makes it a big deal.

Jusey1

It's against the rules. That automatically makes it a big deal.

Not necessary. I've read the rules and there are problems with the rules themselves that really makes this statement rather false (be it as meant to or not). And, before ya point it, being friendly doesn't always harm your team is the loophole I'm talking about. (This is the rule which is pointed to when talking about friendlies, from what I've saw).

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor

It is a big deal though, especially *like I already said* when non-friendlies kill the friendly players and end up getting bitched at until a vote is called against them. People who want to play friendly can go to the idle/trade servers or another community that allows friendly. Believe it or not some people like to actually play the game.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Not necessary. I've read the rules and there are problems with the rules themselves that really makes this statement rather false (be it as meant to or not). And, before ya point it, being friendly doesn't always harm your team is the loophole I'm talking about. (This is the rule which is pointed to when talking about friendlies, from what I've saw).
By friendlying you are refusing to help your team advance position which is against the rules. If we see people friendlying then we will ban them. There's no loophole here.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Stop trying to act like you know what you're talking about especially to the admins themselves.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
"The rules have loopholes so they don't need to be followed"
...okay then.

Seriously, the rules need to be followed regardless of interpretation. If people continue to friendly, they will be banned eventually, and they won't necessarily get a warning first depending on the admin.
They should just stop or switch servers. Their friends too.

Jusey1

By friendlying you are refusing to help your team advance position which is against the rules. If we see people friendlying then we will ban them. There's no loophole here.

This is what I am talking about... People think only this is happening yet at the same time, people CAN help their team advance and CAN advance the team themselves (at times, depends on the gamemode) while still being friendly. That's the problem I'm trying to point out mate.

"The rules have loopholes so they don't need to be followed"
...okay then.

I never said that mate. I'm just pointing out that there is a problem with the rules and how it is written. If you guys really don't want friendlies on your servers, then you really need to make a specific rule about it or else people will use the loopholes, or attempt to really. (Though, would only work for people whom actually read the rules).

Seriously, I'm just trying to give a "heads-up", so to say, about this problem and to help make it better overall.

Stop trying to act like you know what you're talking about especially to the admins themselves.

I believe I know enough of what I'm talking about to provide my thoughts and helpful suggestions.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This is what I am talking about... People think only this is happening yet at the same time, people CAN help their team advance and CAN advance the team themselves (at times, depends on the gamemode) while still being friendly. That's the problem I'm trying to point out mate.

I never said that mate. I'm just pointing out that there is a problem with the rules and how it is written. If you guys really don't want friendlies on your servers, then you really need to make a specific rule about it or else people will use the loopholes, or attempt to really. (Though, would only work for people whom actually read the rules).

Seriously, I'm just trying to give a "heads-up", so to say, about this problem and to help make it better overall.

I believe I know enough of what I'm talking about to provide my thoughts and helpful suggestions.
If they're helping their team advance then they aren't being friendly.

Jusey1

If they're helping their team advance then they aren't being friendly.

Oh really? What definition of friendly are you using then? Cause the definition I know is a friendly is someone who refuses to directly kill an enemy player... Which doesn't stop them from capturing a point, relaxing on the cart, or carrying the intel...

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Oh really? What definition of friendly are you using then? Cause the definition I know is a friendly is someone who refuses to directly kill an enemy player... Which doesn't stop them from capturing a point, relaxing on the cart, or carrying the intel...
Someone who refuses to help their team advance position.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

Skial rules aren't like real life law where sheer technicalities allow people to get off with loopholes scott free. We handle things on a case by case basis, if someone puts up a dispenser and then sits in a rancho taunt for the rest of the round they're technically helping their team, but they're still going to get banned for friendlying. If someone is playing heavy and is only throwing out sandviches to allies and doing absolutely nothing else, they can still get banned for friendlying.

Point is technical loopholes people try to hide behind don't render admins powerless.

Jusey1

Someone who refuses to help their team advance position.

That's a bad definition of a "friendly" then. For example, "Strange Farmers" will refuse to help with advancing an objection but instead go on their own killing sprees, by killing specific players who would be easy kills for their strange weapon. They refuse to help their team advance position but aren't friendlies.

Jusey1

Skial rules aren't like real life law where sheer technicalities allow people to get off with loopholes scott free. We handle things on a case by case basis, if someone puts up a dispenser and then sits in a rancho taunt for the rest of the round they're technically helping their team, but they're still going to get banned for friendlying. If someone is playing heavy and is only throwing out sandviches to allies and doing absolutely nothing else, they can still get banned for friendlying.

Point is technical loopholes people try to hide behind don't render admins powerless.

Understandable.

Usually, for myself, how I do the whole "friendly" thing is slightly different, so to say. Best way to explain is, sometimes I'll attempt to befriend an enemy but will still work on the objection and will still attack/kill anyone who is attacking me or my team. If that makes any sense. Not to sure how far the whole "friendly" thing would be allowed because, from what it sounds like, most people are just hating the extreme cases of it, not once mentioning the minor cases.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Understandable.

Usually, for myself, how I do the whole "friendly" thing is slightly different, so to say. Best way to explain is, sometimes I'll attempt to befriend an enemy but will still work on the objection and will still attack/kill anyone who is attacking me or my team. If that makes any sense. Not to sure how far the whole "friendly" thing would be allowed because, from what it sounds like, most people are just hating the extreme cases of it, not once mentioning the minor cases.
There are usually never minor cases. It almost always ends the same way for the person killing the friendly players.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That's a bad definition of a "friendly" then. For example, "Strange Farmers" will refuse to help with advancing an objection but instead go on their own killing sprees, by killing specific players who would be easy kills for their strange weapon. They refuse to help their team advance position but aren't friendlies.
Killing the enemy team is part of any objective though since their objective naturally conflicts with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.