Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I recently found my Gadgets for windows 7 (Yeah im about 2 - 3 years late.) I saw my Gf use them so I started to do so. At first my CPU Meter was low for both RAM and CPU usage was low. Now my CPU usage is 25%, but im not worried about that. My ram is at 76% and was not that yesterday. I got 8Gigs of ram, when snooping around the internet it says it makes your PC slower but I don't notice that. Is having lots of RAM usage bad? If so, how do I lower it?

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
GBoost and Process Lasso are good ways to minimize RAM usage. Also just close any unnecessary programs and processes that are running. Keep your desktop free of clutter too.

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Rainmeter's much better than Gadgets, by the way. Lighter (usually), much less virus-infested, and you can actually customize it.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well id like to know what does the job the best... having 3 - 4 of the programs thrown at me does not help me chose what would do the job without giving me a headache.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
First of all, Sidebar Gadgets are a black hole for CPU and RAM - it's a known fact. But even that is not important - what's important is the fact that Microsoft released a patch to disable gadgets since they posses a serious security risk, could allow remote malicious code execution, and create a backdoor for malicious actions.

Read more in Microsoft Security Advisory (2719662).

I'd strongly recommend not to use Sidebar Gadgets due to resource consumption and security concerns (primarily, security concerns).