• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Rholu

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Allegedly Skial and a few other servers have patched this exploit, but if the patch could be shared it would be greatly appreciated, as this is going to cause massive issues for any other server that does not have this patched or know how to fix it.

I'm just going to leave this image here as I don't want to promote this garbage directly, but show proof and context to what I'm speaking of.

LMNkDeQ.png

Rholu

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Can you give us more details about this exploit? What community are you affiliated with?
I'm not really sure what the exploit does exactly, there was a video posted on youtube showcasing it, and it lags the server through some toggle in the cheat. I would prefer to speak to you about it in private so I don't "advertise" this sort of thing. And the community I'm affiliated with is Wolves Den, some people with this cheat had gone onto the server and started using it, and it's apparently a recent addition to their cheat software and it seems your servers already have a way of stopping it.

Rholu

Scarcely Lethal Noob
How do you know we already have a way of stopping it.
In a video they used to showcase the exploit, there's a comment made that it didn't work on some servers, including yours.
"As far as im aware the only ones that werent working for me was Flux.tf, Skial, and Blackwonder."

Bottiger

Administrator
Well I do not know what exactly they are talking about so I can't really help you. Maybe you have a buggy plugin installed.

You can try asking those other communities.

Rholu

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Well I do not know what exactly they are talking about so I can't really help you. Maybe you have a buggy plugin installed.

You can try asking those other communities.
It's not a plugin, it's specifically from people using cheat software and joining then using their lagger to cause problems. Can I message you privately so I can actually speak about this?

Bottiger

Administrator
How do you know its not a badly written plugin that they are taking advantage of?

I don't know what they are doing specifically so I can't help you. We take great care of our servers not to have any badly written plugins and a very secure firewall which we can't really share.

Reactions: Metroidz

Rholu

Scarcely Lethal Noob
How do you know its not a badly written plugin that they are taking advantage of?

I don't know what they are doing specifically so I can't help you. We take great care of our servers not to have any badly written plugins and a very secure firewall which we can't really share.
It seems the other person I'm researching with is getting a solution, something to do with anti-cheat and they're willing to share that. I guess there's no need to continue this conversation if the solution will actually work. Thanks though for trying to listen, there wasn't any real leads into how it was working because the update on that cheat was ~3 days ago and rcon logs weren't showing anything meaningful against the people using the exploit.