Reporter

Administrator
How significant random spread on shotguns really is?

Hello r/truetf2 and welcome to a post. A post regarding a mechanic, not liked one (by some anyway).

Random Shotgun Bloom, as you know, is a mechanic that's been talked about a little bit by the community. With some wanting it gone (comp players, or more serious ones, or not fans of RNG) and others (like majority of casual folks, or Zesty fans) wanting to keep it in. But rather than to talk about that, I wanted to ask a question, that's in the title. And that is, about how significant random spread/bloom REALLY is.

Because, maybe that's just me, but I barely see the difference. NO matter if I play casual, Uncletopia, Skial or PUGs, I CANNOT see a difference. Except for the situations where I'm shooting a stationary target like a Sentry, or if I am at point blank range. But that's just me. I just do not see a difference or feel one, maybe because I never experienced the "18 damage point blank shot" that some had. And a lot of people seem to not see a difference as well. But that being said, that could be just me. Since, in most cases (aside from mentioned) shotgun will ALWAYS deal random amount of damage, even with spread on, since it's kind of well, how they work. Unless they fired all 9 pellets with 100% accuracy, they will never operate like a Pistol where they deal consistent damage. That being said, maybe I'm just basing it too much on my experience.

However, that's not to say that random spread is a good thing. I'd rather have it gone than to stay, because let's be honest, it really has no business to stay in the game. And even though I don't feel it, I am not a fan of it either.

TL:DR - How significant and/or noticable random shotgun spread really is?

Author: Bounter_

http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/x3a4ld/how_significant_random_spread_on_shotguns_really/