Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
HOW DID SOMETHING SO EPIC AND FUCKIN' COOL

BECOME AN ANIME ABOUT CARD GAMES?

Granted Yu-Gi-Oh was pretty rad, but you gotta admit, the original (Season 0) was much more impressive and intense. (I watched Season 0 episodes whatever I could find on YT a few years ago)

Oh well, BELIEVE IN THE HEART OF THE CARDS

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's a series made for selling merchandise. Some series are more subtle about it, while others cram it more in your face kind of like one of the old transformers cartoons.

Japan themselves (according to wikipedia) decided to turn it into a card game!

So?

If you mean that the anime is difficult for kids outside japan to comprehend (because everyone outside Japan is retards), it is not. This shit has already been internationally broadcasted for a long time and there has not been any problem.

Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I happen to have the original 7 volumes (season 0 in the anime) and at one point (vol 5 or 6 I think) they actually play duel monsters, and I'll assume everyone either liked that issue or Takahashi liked the idea too much himself.

Fallen Leaves

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
My friends still play the card game during class
Have since elementary and still are during high school

VEGAN DAD

Australian Skial God
Contributor
they made that anime for the sole purpose of marketing the card game to children.
have you ever listened to the dialog while characters duel?
all they do is explain what they're doing and what every card does and why they intend to use it and how to use it.

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
they made that anime for the sole purpose of marketing the card game to children.
have you ever listened to the dialog while characters duel?
all they do is explain what they're doing and what every card does and why they intend to use it and how to use it.
That's literally every Yu-Gi-Oh episode ever, save for the occasional small bit of storyline.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I happen to have the original 7 volumes (season 0 in the anime) and at one point (vol 5 or 6 I think) they actually play duel monsters, and I'll assume everyone either liked that issue or Takahashi liked the idea too much himself.
Duel Monsters premiered in volume 2 and Kaiba's rematch was in volume 5.

point of note: the first episode of the second/international Yu-Gi-Oh series abridges everything related to Duel Monsters in season 0, long before LittleKuriboh started his abridging

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
Yu-Gi-Oh was dumb. The card game and the TV show were inconsistent. You basically had a guy that had every card imaginable and when he got to fuse these monsters together to make stronger ones they always were conveniently in his hand. Sure, I watched it when I was a kid, but then again I sustained many head injuries during that time too.

SgtGiraffe

Legendary Skial King
I love you yu gi oh my fav one was yugi oh 5Ds because syncro monster are the coolest Shit ever I used every penny my mom ever gave me on 7th grade and invested it into yu gi oh man those were the good old days

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Yu-Gi-Oh was dumb. The card game and the TV show were inconsistent. You basically had a guy that had every card imaginable and when he got to fuse these monsters together to make stronger ones they always were conveniently in his hand. Sure, I watched it when I was a kid, but then again I sustained many head injuries during that time too.

That's because it was 4Kids.

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
All I remember is that it's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel.

But really, why is this bothering you now of all times? Have you even seen the current version of the show? At least the original card based stuff is canon...

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
All I remember is that it's time to d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-duel.

But really, why is this bothering you now of all times? Have you even seen the current version of the show? At least the original card based stuff is canon...

I discovered this waaaaaay past my childhood of paying for a 30$ God card. A few years ago, I saw this and was like "Holy shit how did this become card based?".

I posted here for the opinions, and no, I have no intention of watching.. whatever is going on with Yu-Gi-Oh now.