• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I can't recall the exact issues but special characters in names can sometimes cause problems. For example, one admin said some special characters will get turned into gibberish such as % signs and random numbers (could be because TF2 may not support the characters being used)

I thought I also heard awhile back that it can cause some issues with Sourcebans as well.

So its nothing to do with your name being Arabic. It's just a issue of special characters. Not all special characters seem to prevent players from joining but some can

Zappheus

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Hello.

As an Arabic native speaker, I can ensure & certify to you that it's futile/worthless to have an Arabic alias, whilst playing Team Fortress 2, because the letters/characters in-game are disarranged and will seem peculiar to an Arabic native speaker.

i.e., your name: «الأمير السعودي», will be disarranged in-game, to being: «ا ل أ م ي ر ا ل س ع و د ي».

And perhaps this is the issue. The letters are being recognized as spam. And thus, preventing you from joining.

numero

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It's not because of your name, I think. It's because of a different writing system. I mean, this forum uses Roman alphabet so better spell out your name in Roman alphabet too so you won't get banned or denied.