Operates Rust

Unremarkable User
i start a voteban on someone who is obviously speedhacking (may make report later) and 96% of the vote is a Yes but it still fails

can we fix this? It makes the voteban system USELESS

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
to prevent random vote spam banning?

Edit: just use report and follow up with it on the forums

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Never started a voteban for hacking, prefer them to get a permanent ban instead of a 30 min one : )

Operates Rust

Unremarkable User
the only time a vote passes is if its a team scramble at like 56% yes

and it passes 50/50 of the time if its to gag someone

but whenever its a voteban it only does it about 3% of the time usually when a few people in voice chat are all talking about it

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
the only time a vote passes is if its a team scramble at like 56% yes

and it passes 50/50 of the time if its to gag someone

but whenever its a voteban it only does it about 3% of the time usually when a few people in voice chat are all talking about it
just use /report
and listen to this guy
instead of complaing. tell us the guys name/steam id / server

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The reason votekicks/bans dont pass is because when someone makes a vote, they never give any info as to why the vote has been started.
I'ts like, people will start a vote for kicking a hacker or troller, and will use AFK, and not say anything else, or voteban spamming, which is so ambiguous.
Point is, one person starts this vote without making the rest on the server aware of the circumstances, so most of the time it just looks like a troll vote.
I would never kick a person who is AFK on a public server, the server owner decides how long someone should be afk. and spamming is subjective, so yeah kinda agree with OP about the usefulness of said voting system.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i start a voteban on someone who is obviously speedhacking (may make report later) and 96% of the vote is a Yes but it still fails

can we fix this? It makes the voteban system USELESS
Seriously, if the guy is speed hacking or actually hacking in any way it's important to get an admin in there to perma ban him and not just knock him off the servers for a half hour.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
shouldn't be allowed to vote at all without xxx amount of playtime.
If you're not a donator or have enough AP I believe you're subject to a 10 minute period of not being able to vote. Then if your vote doesn't pass, the timer increases each time.