Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well, I installed HLDJ and converted some files yet when I test it out on an empty server, it only loops my own mic. Not sure what else to do. Looked up some tutorials and they don't really help. Anyone got any ideas?

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I stopped bothering with HLDJ about a year ago because some servers have it automatically set to ban you if you activate it. Use Virtual Audio Cable and Foobar. It's pretty easy to set up and use. That, and I was having similar issues with HLDJ but I forget how I fixed it. I know I did something in the sound settings on my computer but I'm not 100% sure what I did.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Which one is easier to use? I'm just looking for one that I can just download and use immediately.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So if people don't use HLDJ anymore, what do people normally use that's extremely easy to set up?

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The easiest to set up atm is probably Virtual Audio Cable/Foobar combo. There's plenty of tutorials online to help you get started. It's not something that you can just install and pop open and play immediately, but it's quick and easy to set up if you follow the tutorials.

VEER™

Scarcely Lethal Noob
HLDJ has to be enabled server-side and it is very broken. and if you do use VAC, please dont mic spam