Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I have an issue where after quitting a game, my hard drive LED (and hard drive usage) go up to 100%, and the game can take up to a minute just to quit. This happens in TF2, L4D2, it even happened to me in unturned, which is a relatively small game. After the game finally quits, the computer's response time is basically 30 seconds give or take a few seconds. Trying to do anything, open a folder, google chrome, launch a different game, anything at all, causes hard drive usage to jump up to 100% again, with the LED full on, and it takes a while for the computer to respond. Even opening task manager or the start menu chokes up the computer. The only way I can solve this is by hard restarting the computer using the physical buttons on my case, if I try to restart windows, it can take forever.

I was wondering if there is a specific issue causing this, because I'm sure this isn't a normal thing that happens. I just built this computer, it's got an FX-6300, HD 7770 and it's using a Hitachi 320 GB hard drive that just has 3 sector reallocations which hasn't changed in forever. I just completed a new reinstallation of windows to see if that was the issue, but I haven't finished all of the updates yet, so I can't gather fair results.

Thanks in advance.