Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
When some players go crazy with it it can start spamming up chat a bit. This is especially annoying on trade when people are trying to advertise

JiVkir7.png

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
+1
Honestly, I'm for hiding all messages like that, including Admin powers. /gimme text does advertise for Donations a little, but it's much more annoying than it is useful.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
+1
Honestly, I'm for hiding all messages like that, including Admin powers. /gimme text does advertise for Donations a little, but it's much more annoying than it is useful.

I think limiting the text at least would be a good compromise, if its possible to do so. Only have the message play once every so many weapon gives or something.

Reactions: BBQ Prophet

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I posted on the AlliedMods thread, asking if it would be possible to implement any sort of chat message cooldown per player, or at the very least, not display the message if the id of the weapon being given happens to match the id of a weapon already equipped (I mentioned that it's used often to bypass weapon clip reloading, 'cause who knows? maybe FlamingSarge will decide to implement a cvar to optionally prevent filling the clip for reloadable weapons instead).

unless something like that is done, @Bottiger could just set the cvar tf2items_giveweapon_notify to 0 but then that would most likely increase the accusations of hacking