Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Dis is wat happens when you fite Skeel.

You get destroy by images and videos.

7RF7BI3.png

CallMeBubblesDahling

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
I've been playing TF2 for a few years, and have done so with several communities. I stumbled onto Skial ones half a year ago or so? Sounds right. Anyway, there isn't a lack of quality here as far as I can tell. Should people want to be admin get some training? Yeah, I think they should. I want to be admin to a point, but I don't know enough to apply and don't know how much education I'd get if I were approved. Oh well, no real biggie. Do some of the admins take a different attitude towards banning vs. warning players? Absolutely. All that means is that if someone is really being a fucking twat, I can go get a specific admin to the handle the situation in a manner to which I feel might be the most appropriate. While that inconsistency may not be the best way to do things, it seems to work overall.

The sense of community? We're talking about the internet, where most of these people will never meet in person and try to get to know each other through the magic of relatively anonymous communication. Building a sense of community that way is actually quite hard, especially when the interests of players and members vary so hugely. I get along with some people much better than I get along with others, that's just how it is here. You really can't expect this many people with this many differences to simply band together and do...whatever you think a group with a sense of community should do. We come here, we bitch about things, we talk about things or some people just act like an idiot and call each other faggots. What the fuck else do you expect? You have pathetically high expectations about what an internet community should be/do. Overall, I'm happy enough being a Skial member to stick around for who knows how long. I have my grievances of course, but they aren't enough for me to throw the pissy fit you've thrown. Keep things in context brah, this is the internet. You're getting this worked up about something that in the grand scheme of the universe is particularly meaningless. I wouldn't want to know you in person if this is how you react to minor things on the internet. Turn your computer off and go fuck a goat or something, help put things in perspective :)

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I've been playing TF2 for a few years, and have done so with several communities. I stumbled onto Skial ones half a year ago or so? Sounds right. Anyway, there isn't a lack of quality here as far as I can tell. Should people want to be admin get some training? Yeah, I think they should. I want to be admin to a point, but I don't know enough to apply and don't know how much education I'd get if I were approved. Oh well, no real biggie. Do some of the admins take a different attitude towards banning vs. warning players? Absolutely. All that means is that if someone is really being a fucking twat, I can go get a specific admin to the handle the situation in a manner to which I feel might be the most appropriate. While that inconsistency may not be the best way to do things, it seems to work overall.

The sense of community? We're talking about the internet, where most of these people will never meet in person and try to get to know each other through the magic of relatively anonymous communication. Building a sense of community that way is actually quite hard, especially when the interests of players and members vary so hugely. I get along with some people much better than I get along with others, that's just how it is here. You really can't expect this many people with this many differences to simply band together and do...whatever you think a group with a sense of community should do. We come here, we bitch about things, we talk about things or some people just act like an idiot and call each other faggots. What the fuck else do you expect? You have pathetically high expectations about what an internet community should be/do. Overall, I'm happy enough being a Skial member to stick around for who knows how long. I have my grievances of course, but they aren't enough for me to throw the pissy fit you've thrown. Keep things in context brah, this is the internet. You're getting this worked up about something that in the grand scheme of the universe is particularly meaningless. I wouldn't want to know you in person if this is how you react to minor things on the internet. Turn your computer off and go fuck a goat or something, help put things in perspective :)

TL;DR

Status
Not open for further replies.