Status
Not open for further replies.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
When I first joined Skial, all I wanted to do was help out, I asked around if there was anything that needed doing, specifically in mapping terms.

I cared so much for this community, that I have fixed dozens of maps so that the community can have a more enjoyable experience on our servers.

And I actually enjoyed doing it. So much so that I did it as a hobby.

I haven't been paid a penny for any of the work I've done here.

You know what? I enjoyed mapping so much, and really wanted to help improve Skial I actually started making maps from scratch.

Not only have I made maps from scratch, I've made some of the most popular maps on Skial from scratch.

server_maps.php

vsh_urban_works continues to be one of the most popular maps to this date on VSH, and looking at that graph today from VSH US it is #1 on the top favorite maps.

You can view the data here for that server at: https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/104.153.106.180:27016/

I was always welcome on the servers, players would give me their feedback and suggestions on what they wish could be improved on or changed.

Everybody was happy and enjoyed playing with me in-game, I was kind, friendly, and helpful.

If somebody did something against the rules, I'd explain to them that they shouldn't do it because it's against the rules and I'd explain why it's against the rules if they asked, and usually this would work, they would respect the decision and the overall server experience wasn't affected. A lot of them went on to add me on Steam.

I'm not here to name names, if you really think I'm "incompetent" though then I think you're ignorant.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

You've been paid in other ways, such as free donator.

I'm not here to name names, if you really think I'm "incompetent" though then I think you're ignorant.

You're viewing it in a very general sense.

You're not incompetent as a mapper, you're okay - not as good as you think you are, though (or I've yet to see that).

You're incompetent for the position of admin, though - if you don't want to believe that then that's fine.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You don't get admin back by flaunting what you've done for Skial and low-key calling out people. I used to like you dude, you weren't bad at all but after you broke all those rules and even tried to kill a Skial server that was being seeded, I can't say the same about you again. But if you really feel the need to try to attain some credibility, we'll break this down
When I first joined Skial, all I wanted to do was help out, I asked around if there was anything that needed doing, specifically in mapping terms.

I cared so much for this community, that I have fixed dozens of maps so that the community can have a more enjoyable experience on our servers.

And I actually enjoyed doing it. So much so that I did it as a hobby.
Okay, you fixed maps, that's great but why'd you stop? That one map you designed for TRADE | NY? You didn't fix any of the issues with it. If you're going to flaunt about making the regulars happy with your presence, at least have some ground to back it up.
We work for the community voluntarily, we're not meant to be paid so using that as an argument is nonsense, especially considering you have already been stated you enjoy making maps and making people happy. That for a whole hearted admin is payment enough.
You know what? I enjoyed mapping so much, and really wanted to help improve Skial I actually started making maps from scratch.

Not only have I made maps from scratch, I've made some of the most popular maps on Skial from scratch.
I really don't think you made maps for Skial but rather because you enjoy mapping, otherwise the trade map you made would have been fixed instead of replaced. You just submitted the maps and enjoyed any form of appraisal you were getting from the community, you enjoyed nothing but the attention.
vsh_urban_works continues to be one of the most popular maps to this date on VSH, and looking at that graph today from VSH US it is #1 on the top favorite maps.
That's phenomenal and I'm glad to hear your map is doing so well but, again, you don't need to flaunt about it. If you make something and people enjoy it, cherish that feeling for yourself because you're the only one who knows how that feels. It just seems egotistical and attention-hungry when you want approval from others.
I was always welcome on the servers, players would give me their feedback and suggestions on what they wish could be improved on or changed

Everybody was happy and enjoyed playing with me in-game, I was kind, friendly, and helpful.
The keyword here is "was". Anyone is welcome on the server and to gain acceptance of presence by the community is great but it's only permanent if you choose to make it that way. If you do everything Luke pointed out in your admin app, you're as welcome to the servers as one of the hackers are, maybe worse.
If somebody did something against the rules, I'd explain to them that they shouldn't do it because it's against the rules and I'd explain why it's against the rules if they asked, and usually this would work, they would respect the decision and the overall server experience wasn't affected. A lot of them went on to add me on Steam.
Okay...? Do you think other admins don't enforce the rules? I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here because all admins not only enforce the rules, but they can easily explain why the rules they enforce are being enforced. That's not reputable, that's standard, don't use that to justify your competence. Don't use regulars adding you as justification for competence either. Regulars always add admins to report issues too and to be friends with. On my early days of Skial, I had at least 30 regulars added from TURBINE+ | US | FAST and very few of them were the kind that made reports. Most just wanted to be friends which is the ideal. You don't flaunt about how many regulars you have added, you should be doing your best to keep the regulars interested in Skial, proving to them why Skial is different than your average pub.
I've never read a more ignorant sentence in my life. If you're really going to claim there's nothing wrong with what you do and how you behave/behaved, you're about as qualified to be admin as my dog. No one is flawless, especially when you claim you are flawless.

Reactions: Blade D_Hero

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
Bottiger paid you via free donator. It doesn’t matter if you call it a gift or whatever, it was still payment for your mapping.

You say you enjoyed mapping and just wanted to continue doing it. Yet you have refused to fix the idle server that was brought to your attention several times, and refused to fix Trade NY after being reminded several times over TWO YEARS that it needs attention. Even went as far as to say “why would I fix any maps for Skial”

The more you sit here trying to argue against the facts, the more ignorant and immature you look.

You’re not fit for admin, your history has too many hiccups in it. Accept it and move on.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Right, it's the same few facts being brought up all the time though.

Like I said, I made a few mistakes.

You never point out the positives though.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
What other positives are there?

You brought people to Skial? You purposely ruined seeding sessions, driving people away from Skial.

You did a good job as admin? You were fired, so I guess not. You never handled reports, banned yourself from the forums so you couldn’t handle reports if you wanted to, and bragged about breaking jailbreak rules.

You made a few maps? You refused to fix your broken maps, then threw a fit when one got replaced after 2 years of it being broken.

You were nice to people? You’ve acted completely rotten since you got fired

Status
Not open for further replies.