Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I started up TF2 around 10 minutes ago, and when I tried to get into a server I got a message saying
"An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system. You cannot play on secure servers."
This just randomly happened, but the thing is that I was able to play on servers this morning. Anyone know why this is happening? I can't seem to figure out why.

sehcturc

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
I started up TF2 around 10 minutes ago, and when I tried to get into a server I got a message saying
"An issue with your computer is blocking the VAC system. You cannot play on secure servers."
This just randomly happened, but the thing is that I was able to play on servers this morning. Anyone know why this is happening? I can't seem to figure out why.
To start, disable any programs you have running in the background; then relaunch steam.

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
To start, disable any programs you have running in the background; then relaunch steam.
Verified integrity of files, made sure there weren't any programs running that I don't know of, and restarted steam and my computer, still no fix.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Give it an hour or two more. I've had this glitch before, it usually just goes away on its own.

sehcturc

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Verified integrity of files, made sure there weren't any programs running that I don't know of, and restarted steam and my computer, still no fix.
If it doesn't resolve by tomorrow, I'd go with the completely uninstalling steam route, worked for me when it happened.

Ijikaru

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Restart your computer / wait already had that shit bcuz my aim is 2 gud no jk it's just a bug as he says wait 1 hour / 2