goobieaus

Mildly Menacing Medic
I occasionally see players who seem to have an impossibly high crit rate, I am not familiar enough with all the mechanics to know if it's a loadout thing.
It's typically obscured in the kill feed by a glowing Australium weapon but in the console it says it was a crit (mini crit i think). Is this console suffix reliable? I have examples of players who have literally a 100% crit rate. No buffs or medics.

PlayerA killed PlayerB with cow_mangler. (crit)
PlayerA killed PlayerB with minigun. (crit)

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I occasionally see players who seem to have an impossibly high crit rate, I am not familiar enough with all the mechanics to know if it's a loadout thing.
It's typically obscured in the kill feed by a glowing Australium weapon but in the console it says it was a crit (mini crit i think). Is this console suffix reliable? I have examples of players who have literally a 100% crit rate. No buffs or medics.

PlayerA killed PlayerB with cow_mangler. (crit)
PlayerA killed PlayerB with minigun. (crit)

Last I recall, mini-crit kills count as "crits" in the console since it can't tell the two apart. So stuff like: Fully charged cow mangler shots, enemies covered in jarate, players affected by buff banner, etc show up as "Crits."

I could be wrong though.

goobieaus

Mildly Menacing Medic
Ok, so if a player with a cow mangler, concherer and disciplinary action is getting 100% crits are they cheating? On every single kill incl the disciplinary action. Both of them are australium

goobieaus

Mildly Menacing Medic
Do you know if the skial stats show crits? I had a quick look and it doesn't seem to record if it was a crit or not.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Do you know if the skial stats show crits? I had a quick look and it doesn't seem to record if it was a crit or not.

Only the command console.

Note for future reference: Do not call people out for hacking, or do votereport on them. This alerts them and gives them time to turn off any potential hacks they have and evade punishment due to lack of evidence. Just spectate them from a first person perspective and record them for several minutes, then make a manual report with the evidence you have.

goobieaus

Mildly Menacing Medic
Seems like this is fake news, australium weapons seem to always report as a crit in the console regardless. Maybe something to do with the the glow effect in the kill feed.

Reactions: scout2