sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I want to install the quke hit sound, but every single youtube tutorial/website has failed to help me. I'll do what it said, I'll launch the game, and then it's the stock sound.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Extract the Sound folder into C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Team Fortress 2/tf/custom/<Custom Folder Name>/

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
make a folder in the custom folder then create a sound folder then make a ui folder in sound
should be like this
custom/hitsound/sound/ui/hitsound.wav

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
steamapps/common/team fortress 2/tf/custom/yourfoldername/sound/ui/hitsound.wavv

sov

Legendary Skial King
I actually a few days ago installed the Quake 3 Hit sound. I like it very much.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Has anything changed as of late to this method? I am trying to get a new hitsound working but it isn't.
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7388-QPFN-2491
My custom hitsound broke. How do I fix it?
Move your custom hitsound to a directory such as tf/custom/my_custom_stuff/sound/ui/hitsound.wav. The folder name "my_custom_stuff" is of your choosing; see below for more info.

If you have problems Id recommend looking up videos that are relevant to the Steam Pipe update.

This video worked for me when I did it, If you still have problems maybe read the comments.

Last edited:

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah it changed, just found the fix. Thx @Cowboy Crow
I can't guaranteeing it will work. I say this because when I tired I still had problems getting it to work. I fiddled with it and got it to work but for me it was hard for me to get it to work. Thing is, I did everything in the video and what valve said, did not work, I just restarted the game a bunch of times and it worked. So I don't know.