DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Custom map that I played with some friends for the past week trying to beat it, finally succeeded last night.

http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=7302
Survival map, about 30 minutes long, loved every bit of it.

3/4 of the players will probably need a mic. It's what it took for us to finally win. Cooperation definitely required.

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I haven't played it, but I saw a video of the L4D version. I've forgotten about this until now. I had been dying to play this map.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
As long as the thread's bumped I might as well post this:

A run of HDR me and my friends played earlier last week. As you can see my role in the team is spraying everything with gunfire and getting incapacitated.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I never really liked L4D all that much.

Now I'm reinstalling it and hooking up with some friends to play this shit to oblivion.

Good call. If you ever need a team for this map around 5 AM to 8 AM UTC, look us up. Chances are most of us are up for it. Ping isn't an issue, since one of our best players has like 300 ping and does fine.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
So I just played the map with my buds and let me tell you, that's how L4D maps should be. The normal ones are boring as fuck, this map is seriously intense and just lets you kill zombies like a madman. It also requires a lot of teamwork to pull through, and I love that the map follows the LOTR lore (as far as zombies and machine guns go) with zombies crashing through the wall and after a set amount of minutes you have to fall back and defend the gate etc.

Truly awesome.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
So I just played the map with my buds and let me tell you, that's how L4D maps should be. The normal ones are boring as fuck, this map is seriously intense and just lets you kill zombies like a madman. It also requires a lot of teamwork to pull through, and I love that the map follows the LOTR lore (as far as zombies and machine guns go) with zombies crashing through the wall and after a set amount of minutes you have to fall back and defend the gate etc.

Truly awesome.

Did you beat the whole thing?

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
also, did you guys ever heard about fort or build-plugin? i realy had the best fun of my live ,building forst in l4d2

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Did you beat the whole thing?
No, one of our buds had to go just now so we only got to 11 minutes. We didn't know when the throne to the king would open, so we had retreated to the front of the door and we got fucked over pretty soon after realizing that we didn't have any resources at all.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
No, one of our buds had to go just now so we only got to 11 minutes. We didn't know when the throne to the king would open, so we had retreated to the front of the door and we got fucked over pretty soon after realizing that we didn't have any resources at all.

Yeah the Keep's probably the hardest part of the map as soon as that witch gets crowned. Just remember to toss guns outside the armory before it locks, because you'll need a spare or two per person.

also, did you guys ever heard about fort or build-plugin? i realy had the best fun of my live ,building forst in l4d2

Unless you're talking about the barricade thing then no I haven't. Link?

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Me and my team have never beaten that map... ever.

Nice job.
Are they doing a lot of the procedures we do in the video? Because the gate defense (gathering cans, killing stray commons, molotov-ing the walkway) and making sure you've got 3 people spraying the keep door at all times is really important.