Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
When I have my Apple earphones in, volume is totally normal. But when I plug my headset in, I have to raise the volume to max and even then, it's still not enough. Everything is quiet. I've updated the Realtek Audio Driver but it didn't seem to do anything. Any tips?

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Are you on a Mac or a PC? I know there's some setting on the PC that will muffle the volume on some things when in use, if that makes sense. Don't ask me what that setting is though haha

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
PC. I checked all audio settings. Stereo levels stay the same but sound normal on my earphones. It's just quieter on my headset for some reason. Levels and everything are still the same though.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Have you attempted to plug your headset into another computer elsewhere to test its volume levels?

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It's not a USB one. It plugs into the headphone jack on the side of my computer.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
K. Same question lol. Have you attempted to plug it into the headphone jack on another computer

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It seems like it's only my computer for some reason. Still not sure how to fix it.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I know you said you updated the driver, but did you try completely uninstalling the driver then reinstalling (clean install, per se)? The reinstall would occur when you plug it back in (generally)

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yep. Still didn't do anything. I'm using my earphones now and the volume is fine. I don't know what it is.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Does your PC have a front headphone jack and a back headphone jack? If so, try whichever one you are not using to test.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Also is there some sort of audio profile set up with your audio software i. e. stereo or Dolby 5.1 that is not affected by simple iPhone earbuds, but is getting circumvented by your headset ?

Also, your headset does not require USB power?

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
My PC only has one. And as far as I can see and know, there isn't a program associated with any earphones, headphones, or anything else, besides the basic controls on the computer. And no, it doesn't require USB power.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Are you plugging the headset and the apple earphones in different jacks?

I noticed with some computers, plugging headphones into the jack on the motherboard vs. the jack on the computer case can have significantly different max sound volume

Dunno why, but its been a issue for me on my current computer and others before it

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Are you plugging the headset and the apple earphones in different jacks?

I noticed with some computers, plugging headphones into the jack on the motherboard vs. the jack on the computer case can have significantly different max sound volume

Dunno why, but its been a issue for me on my current computer and others before it
Same one.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Do your headphones also have a mic? Or just headphones? Are the apple earbuds the iPhone kind that also have a built in mic? Or just earbuds? Do you have any other headphones to be able to test in the jack to figure out which behavior is the exception and which is the rule?

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It has a mic. The Apple earbuds have a built in mic on the right side. The other headphones I have work fine. It's just the headset that's having this problem.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well it seems like there's no solution so I'm going to get rid of the headset and get one with a USB instead.