MacBook Warrior

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Summary:
Hat not appearing
Details:
I recolored my Bill's hat when connected to the 2fort US Fast server, and now it does not appear when I play on that server. I have logged out and back in to Steam and un-equipped and re-equipped the hat, but that hasn't fixed the issue. The hat shows up fine on other Skial servers. I was using the !hat command with that hat when I recolored it.​

Bottiger

Administrator
I'm not having any issues with hats disappearing after using /hat, but I don't have a Bill's hat. Maybe try using hat with a different particle effect.

MacBook Warrior

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It looks like everything's back to normal on that server. Thanks for looking into it.

In case the issue crops up again, the hat disappeared after using a paint from my inventory on it to change its real color. I was using the !hat command at the time that I recolored the hat, but the hat was showing just fine before using the command.

After I recolored the hat with paint, the hat just stopped appearing, and the !hat command didn't think I had a hat on either. It showed up in my loadout, though.

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
It looks like everything's back to normal on that server. Thanks for looking into it.

In case the issue crops up again, the hat disappeared after using a paint from my inventory on it to change its real color. I was using the !hat command at the time that I recolored the hat, but the hat was showing just fine before using the command.

After I recolored the hat with paint, the hat just stopped appearing, and the !hat command didn't think I had a hat on either. It showed up in my loadout, though.

I'm no expert and this may seem far fetched but is it possible your inventory saw the hat as a new item when you applied the effect and had to wait for it to load??? Or whatever the word is before it could be used. I'm just throwing out ideas.