Sam the unoofer

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
I want to make it clear that
  • There are no leaks in the compile logs
  • All critical 'game breaking' errors have been fixed as by the compile log
  • I have used interlopers.net to double check the logs
This has happened a few times now and my map dr_scprun is at the minigames stage of development, so a fair bit has been done.

The problem

For the last 3 VMF clones i have made I have recieved this error after doing 3/4 compiles on it. The first 2 the map most likely corrupted once due to me using 2 different lighting sources in one place (for a lamp), and the second one being because I used too many brushes over the size of 4000 units which was fixed.

unknown.png

This is the error message I get after 3/4 compiles which indicates that the VMF has been corrupted.

The only things extra I am adding to my level on top of the last save is an easter egg with a few brushes and triggers as well as a small texture for the muzzle flash on the surface NTF trap.

I have already asked about to a few of my personal contacts but none can find a solution.

Here is the line of the error completely untouched in notepad++
unknown.png

I appreciate all the support

StereoBucket

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Might be possible that there's a misplaced quote in some entity. Maybe an entity displaying text has a " inside the message?

StereoBucket

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Could you give me an example so I can find where abouts it is? Thanks
You use notepad++ right? It has regex search. When you open the search dialog, at the bottom, toggle the Regular expression radio button and for the search string use this
^[^"\r\n]*(?:"[^"\r\n]*){5,}$
It will return the lines containing 5 or more quote marks. If that doesn't give anything try
^[^"\r\n]*(?:"[^"\r\n]*){1,3}$
Which will return any line that has less than 4 quotes in it.
If it's neither of these, type { and click count, note it down, then count } and check if they are the same. If not, then there's a missing { or } somewhere which could cause an issue. I am not entirely sure how to write a regex to find these, but if you get a different count I'll see if I can get one working.

If you want I can help you troubleshoot via discord, would be faster.