DaivdBaekr

Contributor
What variation is there available to the .223?
Pretty big
18YY5LZ.jpg

Barrel length also has a small effect but beyond that idk.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Was the AR-15 least impressive because of the really low recoil? Because that is a feature. Makes it easy to shoot.
No not about the recoil at all. I felt that it is a cheaply made gun and didn't have the reliability as a standard rifle. It's like when NATO went to 9mm from the .45. They switched us to the Berretta 9mm from the Colt .45. It was lighter but less effective and broke easily.

Of course im looking for reliability for hunting not for a one and done scenario like these killers are. I don't own a AR and have no use for them. If they were to be banned it wouldn't bother me at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckwagon

MoonCancer

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Bang bang bang bang! criminal dead yaaaay! bang bang bang bang bang innocents dead! yaaaay! you just can't win : ^ )

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.

“consider what happened in China just hours before the 2013 Sandy Hook Elementary shooting: A deranged man walked into a school and started indiscriminately stabbing everyone in his vicinity. Before his rampage ended, twenty-two children had been hit.

The child killer in Newtown, Connecticut killed twenty children and six adults before his rampage ended; by contrast, because the Chinese murderer used a knife, none of the twenty-two children he stabbed died. The distinguishing factor was gun control. Effective gun laws prevented the Chinese man from obtaining a gun—with which he would have inflicted much more damage.“

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59e0f6d4e4b09e31db975887

CallumDeGr8

Uncharitable Spy
People are in control of the gun, not the gun itself and therefore if we have people like the one quoted by chuckwagon, I agree with the use of gun control, otherwise the outcome would have been far more severe.

Last edited:

Reedgreat

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Guns don't kill people. People kill people.
That is a valid point, but the only issue is that right now, we have republicans in office who want to do away with all aspects of government provided health care. It’s either going to be improving mental health or gun control to fix this problem, and the idiots running the country currently don’t seem to want to do either.

Reactions: CallumDeGr8

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
It's a bubble that when pushed down upon will just appear somewhere else. You ban guns and people will find something else to weaponise.
Look at the damage you can do with just some fertilizer and a bag of sugar, or a truck driven into pedestrians.
The whole problem is due to a lack of education, especially in morals and empathy, y'all should be looking at people control, not gun control..

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
A week ago, Jedders returned to us, and some old grand memories sparked the flames of nostalgia in me heart. I remembered back to the fightin' days, when the whole forums got stuck in the fight on a single thread. Most notoriously ... CDAWG's Abortion thread.

So then, let's bring back some of that good fight and tackle on a new topic, because all it takes is just a spark sometimes.

Gun Control. Is complete gun control dangerous, or are less gun laws truly dangerous? Where do you think it is safer? Is there a middle point? Do you think adding more law or removing more law brings safety to your nation/world?

This is just a discussion, so I am sure we can discuss this with the utmost civility.

Thanks, and half fun.

I'll start by stating I'm a legal firearm owner; I own a Sig Sauer MK25 rx and I'm building an AR15-style "pistol" (thanks ATF) from scratch. I enjoy shooting firearms and it's a fun (and expensive) hobby of mine. That being said, I do think we need firearms control and here's a few thoughts of mine on the subject.

I do believe new "gun control" laws should be created, such as prohibiting sale/possession/transfer etc of firearms by any student in K-12 school. I also believe the minimum age should be 21 on a federal level, possibly with exceptions, for example if someone 18-20 wanted to own a firearm they would need to take mandatory firearms training and mental health evaluations, maybe at a reasonable cost defined by regulations if that's even possible. I also believe concealed carry should be allowed on a federal level, perhaps with the aforementioned requirements. As long as criminals posses and are able to smuggle in illegal firearms, civilians should be allowed a means to defend themselves, be it in public or in their own homes. I also think there should be exceptions to carrying in some high traffic federal facilities, namely USPS post offices (including their parking lots).

Firearms are just tools to be used. In the hands of a mentally unstable person they're dangerous. If you take guns away, they will just use something else, maybe a knife, a baseball bat, a beer bottle, IEDs built from fireworks, household chemicals, vehicles and so on to hurt and kill people. When a terrorist drives a truck in to a crowd of people, is it the trucks fault? Are we going to ban all vehicles of that model? Maybe ban all trucks instead? At the end of the day, it's the person who's at fault, and no matter how many things we take away from them, they'll just continue finding other means of hurting people.

That's all I'm writing for now though I got more.

Tyknighter

Positively Inhumane Poster
I don't know if you guys have heard of this story but just recently some 9 year old kid shot his 13 year old sister with a gun over a PS3 controller. Sadly the 13 year old girl passed away in the hospital and now that 9 year old has to live with the fact that he shot his sister over a PS3 controller. Now I have a good question when it comes to this, where the fuck were the parents in this and to top it all off how the hell did the 9 year old get this gun in the first place?????

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't know if you guys have heard of this story but just recently some 9 year old kid shot his 13 year old sister with a gun over a PS3 controller. Sadly the 13 year old girl passed away in the hospital and now that 9 year old has to live with the fact that he shot his sister over a PS3 controller. Now I have a good question when it comes to this, where the fuck were the parents in this and to top it all off how the hell did the 9 year old get this gun in the first place?????
shitty fucking parents