pr1mus da scr1pt

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
anyone intending on playing this? i've been looking forward to this game for a few years now. me and some friends from my old WoW guild are going to recreate an anarchistic mess in GW2 (that's the plan at least).

either asura or norn thief.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
I haven't bothered to look up GW2 info. I've been meaning to, but I've been too lazy.

Anyway, I roleplay in WoW so I'm having a relatively good time. Even that's gotten a bit boring though.

Lord Killington

Legendary Skial King
Here is wow in a nutshell quest quest quest kill kill kill items items items raid raid raid items items items quest quest quest stay in orgrimmar doing nothing intil you do the same process.

Lord Killington

Legendary Skial King
Here is wow in a nutshell quest quest quest kill kill kill items items items raid raid raid items items items quest quest quest stay in orgrimmar doing nothing intil you do the same process.
yucel-grind-stone.jpg

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well when you say it like that, anything could be boring. Wake up, eat breakfast, go to work, hang out with friends, play tf2, go to sleep. Repeat every day of your life.

WoW has it's moments, I did spend a lot of time standing around in dalarian though.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
I'm also very reluctant about GW2 because it just seems like another WoW-like MMO. Sure, unique in some aspects, but it's still a fantasy MMO. Give me a TF2 MMO, or at least a MMO that has the same art theme as TF2 and then you'll see me pissing myself in excitement.

Mewkin

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
I have been waiting years for Guild Wars 2, and might end up pre-ordering the $79 version. There's really no question as to whether or not I will love this game, but I don't know what to focus on. Seems like the necromancer ended up being one of the least used class in the beta somehow, hopefully that means I can play a Sylvari/Asura necromancer without adding to profession overpopulation. (Not that it really matters in this game, I guess there's just a bit of hipster blood in me.)

Mewkin

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
Engineer really looks nice to me, but apparently everyone hates it?

On all the Guild Wars 2 fansites and such, most people seem to be planning for their main classes and even write it on their profile. I see tons of Mesmers, Engineers, Warriors, and Elementalists. They're the favorites apparently. :p Edit: Damnit, why is this face the stick out tongue? XD

pr1mus da scr1pt

i don't get warriors, why be some lumbering oaf with a mallet when you can play a thief that can surgically open up all your arteries simultaneously before you can drool "ME WARRIOR! ME SMASH"

pr1mus da scr1pt

I'm also very reluctant about GW2 because it just seems like another WoW-like MMO. Sure, unique in some aspects, but it's still a fantasy MMO. Give me a TF2 MMO, or at least a MMO that has the same art theme as TF2 and then you'll see me pissing myself in excitement.

GW2 does stray away from the WoW formula, how well you do in WoW is all about how well you min-max your gear, and how well you pull off your rotation. GW2 combat seems more dynamic and tends to reward the better players, in WoW i played a rogue, in PvP you would always see the same cookie-cutter noskill frost-mages or paladins wreck your shit regardless of what you do, GW2 kind of negates that by making all professions to be equal in potential against each other, classes shouldn't counter each other, skill should just shut your opponent down.

also, GW2 encourages people to try new builds, if you wanted to be taken seriously in WoW, you would have to conform to one out of two builds, or else people would not take you seriously in PvP or in raids, even if you did well in the end.

i would def say GW2 presents more innovations, rather than gimmicks. from someone who played WoW for about two years, i'm pretty psyched to what arena.net is doing with GW2.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I applied for the beta but got rejected likely because my computer is ultrabad and could play it on low *maybe*

It's kind of filed the way Skyrim is for me. I'll buy it when I have a computer that can run it smoothly.

Mewkin

Face-Melting F2Per
Contributor
I applied for the beta but got rejected likely because my computer is ultrabad and could play it on low *maybe*

It's kind of filed the way Skyrim is for me. I'll buy it when I have a computer that can run it smoothly.

Arena.net and many other companies allowing beta plays have been looking for a good number players with 'low-spec' computers lately, the same way they have been handing out other surveys collecting information on the player's experience on a type of game and picking those who seem like noobs.