Trifon

Mildly Menacing Medic
Don't buy it it sucks.
Srsly, what was Anet thinking getting rid of 90% of it's features. There are now about 7 skills per class, whereas GW1 has thousands and you could have 2 classes with really hardcore builds. It's very difficult to make a build when there's only a handful of skills to work with, your build basically works with your weapons. You want to build up your archery skill? Well too bad, wait till you get a better weapon. Buy Guildwars 1 instead.

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Don't buy it it sucks.
Srsly, what was Anet thinking getting rid of 90% of it's features. There are now about 7 skills per class, whereas GW1 has thousands and you could have 2 classes with really hardcore builds. It's very difficult to make a build when there's only a handful of skills to work with, your build basically works with your weapons. You want to build up your archery skill? Well too bad, wait till you get a better weapon. Buy Guildwars 1 instead.

Wrong. I've been playing this game since release and have played Guild Wars 1, the only reason why people think GW1 is superior is...guess what? Expansions. Guess what GW2 team announced today? Expansions.

There are a multitude of skills and weapon combos and professions with new ones being added soon. They are also reintroducing dual professions. Learn 2 research before you bash something you know nothing about :)

Trifon

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm sorry know nothing about? You do realise I've played since Guild Wars Prophecies release. And since when is 'Reintroducing' a substitute for something that should be in there in the first place.

But I digress, you want me to 'research', heres some research. There are 1,319 skills in Guild Wars 1 through all expansions. If we take away all those from expansions, that's 212 + 30 elite skills. So we have almost a rate of septupling the amount of skills. From my calculations there are 21 skills per class in GW2, there are 8 classes so that's 168. Add 3 skills for the 5 races and thats 183. We septuple that that's 1281. A large number indeed but if you remember that you have to stick to those skills then you're fucked. So say my character is a Charr Ranger (Which he is). I will always be a charr ranger and cannot change to any other class or race. So I'm restricted to my 186 skills. And yes, I could easily make a new character and start again, but who has the time?

And another, thing. Missions. Missions are just so fucking easy. They're about 12 seconds long and don't even require a restart. If you die, you come back to life with basically no penalties, a -15 health debuff that basicallyruns out once you reach the enemies anyways. In Prophecies the missions were long, interesting, set up a nice backstory and at some points, really really hard. I remember that fucking mission before Abbaddon in Nightfall and being stuck on that one for ages (Yup, I suck at MMOs). But I have to admit I actually liked it because it was a challenge. Putting enemies with 10 times the normal health and calling it a 'dungeon' doesn't make things any more interesting.

Look, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and apologise for this rant and I probably should research stuff before I go on about stuff, but I certainly don't know 'Nothing about' Guildwars. Guildwars was my first love and always will be. Some people like the second one, some people don't. I am on edge between liking it and disliking it, I like some parts of the game, but others (A year of grinding to get a weapon with fire effects) I actively despise. Since you've informed me of this 'expansion', I have certainly changed my mind and yes, if people want to get it, I'd definitely recommend it for $10.

I for one hope they do Cantha.

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm sorry know nothing about? You do realise I've played since Guild Wars Prophecies release. And since when is 'Reintroducing' a substitute for something that should be in there in the first place.

But I digress, you want me to 'research', heres some research. There are 1,319 skills in Guild Wars 1 through all expansions. If we take away all those from expansions, that's 212 + 30 elite skills. So we have almost a rate of septupling the amount of skills. From my calculations there are 21 skills per class in GW2, there are 8 classes so that's 168. Add 3 skills for the 5 races and thats 183. We septuple that that's 1281. A large number indeed but if you remember that you have to stick to those skills then you're fucked. So say my character is a Charr Ranger (Which he is). I will always be a charr ranger and cannot change to any other class or race. So I'm restricted to my 186 skills. And yes, I could easily make a new character and start again, but who has the time?

And another, thing. Missions. Missions are just so fucking easy. They're about 12 seconds long and don't even require a restart. If you die, you come back to life with basically no penalties, a -15 health debuff that basicallyruns out once you reach the enemies anyways. In Prophecies the missions were long, interesting, set up a nice backstory and at some points, really really hard. I remember that fucking mission before Abbaddon in Nightfall and being stuck on that one for ages (Yup, I suck at MMOs). But I have to admit I actually liked it because it was a challenge. Putting enemies with 10 times the normal health and calling it a 'dungeon' doesn't make things any more interesting.

Look, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and apologise for this rant and I probably should research stuff before I go on about stuff, but I certainly don't know 'Nothing about' Guildwars. Guildwars was my first love and always will be. Some people like the second one, some people don't. I am on edge between liking it and disliking it, I like some parts of the game, but others (A year of grinding to get a weapon with fire effects) I actively despise. Since you've informed me of this 'expansion', I have certainly changed my mind and yes, if people want to get it, I'd definitely recommend it for $10.

I for one hope they do Cantha.
Okay, you're completely and 100% entitled to your opinion. My only issue with your post at all was jumping up and yelling that people don't play it because you think it sucks. I gave plenty of links for people to look into it and decide for themselves if they think it's worth $10 (IMO it's worth the $60 I paid for it at launch), I just simply posted a link to notify people of the sale.

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I enjoyed playing the game back when I had friends that played it. I'd say it's worth the price no matter how high or low.

ozzeh / dave

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Is getting the Deluxe worth the extra $5?
@Rhi
not really, those items are pretty lame. the only permanent items are a lame mini pet and a skill that's rather useless

the tome of influence gives like 1000 or 1200 to your guild which isn't much, and there's better ways of gaining influence for guilds

the chalice of glory gives you some pvp rank points idk how many ranks its worth but it's not much

the banker lasts 2 weeks and it's gone