[CoFR]Mirlen

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Hello all Skial folk,

Tis I, Mirlen. I've been a lurker on the TF2 2Fort servers of late, mostly NY1, NY2, and Chicago so some of you may have seen me around. I'm an 'ol geezer, 41 yrs old and still playing these games...been into computers etc since my brother got his TRS-80 in 1978 or so! Ran a pretty busy 2 line bulletin board, did FidoNet (1:207/107), did WWIV, ran more BBS programs than I can remeber, did ANSI art, graduated high school, moved on to PC Tech stuff, did a little college... Then decided that wasn't really for me and I preferred to learn on my own. Ended up working more with Linux in the 90's and ran the technical side of a mom & pop ISP in central Virginia for a number of years when DSL was just coming into style. Moved off to CA to do some QA work for Nokia, then bounced between coasts a bit and ended up in SE Pennsylvania with 3 kids. Have worked at a number of hosting providers doing Linux admin and Network/VPN/etc admin (Currently unemployed as I relocated with my wife when she received her promotion).

As for hobbies, I used to enjoy HAM radio but have not been on the air in quite some time. I am also an avid firearms and 2nd amendment advocate and carry daily...also enjoy shooting my AR-15 (BCM 16" LW mid upper and BCM lower, Magpul furniture, Aimpoint M4s).

I'm working to become an Admin for Skial but they've suggested I mingle a bit more first. :) So here I am!

So that's me in a nutshell, cya 'round!

CiNiC

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
HELLO5.gif

[CoFR]Mirlen

My daily carry (Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm), pondering something smaller for concealed carry, maybe a Glock 26 or a S&W Shield:

7QMrj.jpg

My AR build:

GEY2L.jpg

First day on the range with it (Hence the short range):

mzqXC.jpg

[CoFR]Mirlen

Yeah, CoFR is Crusty old Fossil Rockers. I joined there way back in like 1995 or so when they started up. Unfortunately things have fragmented, too many games to really stay as close knit was we once were, 'tis life... but I'll prolly always keep the tag, many fond memories playing CS Beta, Natural Selection, TF1 etc...