Ryulise

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Chrome is starting to become more RAM consuming every few days. while RAM usually isn't a problem, it does tend to eat it up when I'm multitasking, and I notice slower task speeds.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The problem with Chrome is that I've noticed instead of having one big task, it has multiple tasks in task manager. It usually sucks more RAM from my pc than any other browser. I use Firefox and lately have had zero problems with the last few updates, but before that I used Comodo Icedragon. If you're into the Chrome look, try Comodo Dragon. The only reason I switched back to Firefox was because some websites I frequent had compatibility issues with Icedragon.

Reactions: Meowrisa

Ryulise

Wicked Nasty Engineer
The problem with Chrome is that I've noticed instead of having one big task, it has multiple tasks in task manager. It usually sucks more RAM from my pc than any other browser. I use Firefox and lately have had zero problems with the last few updates, but before that I used Comodo Icedragon. If you're into the Chrome look, try Comodo Dragon. The only reason I switched back to Firefox was because some websites I frequent had compatibility issues with Icedragon.
my problem with Firefox is that it takes a while to load, and it tends to freeze.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I like Firefox the best. No compatibility issues like I've seen on Chrome, and the style is nice.

my problem with Firefox is that it takes a while to load, and it tends to freeze.
No idea why this happens. It doesn't happen to most people I know.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I did use Waterfox but started using Chrome because 60fps youtube. Waterfox is my jam though.

Reactions: Meowrisa

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Thats you then. Because Iv been using Firefox for years and very rarely had a problem. I never liked Google chrome really, that Iv had problems with.

JayDee

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
nah mate internet explorer best browser in world #1 everyone who says otherwise bad

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
Try Opera, it uses the same rendering engine as Chrome/ium ( Blink ), but I don't think it has separate tasks that'll eat up your RAM.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I use Pale Moon since it eats about half the memory of Firefox and has the older Firefox interface so I could shrink all the toolbar shit into a single, merged tabs/address/search bar.

All dis screen space.

Ryulise

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I forgot about the thread and found out what the problem actually was: sometjing was duplicating my bookmarks (26k+) and had to reinstall the browser.

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i know that Chrome takes a lot of power, but i just dont like the other browsers because they dont really have the same look as chrome, it takes so little space of the window

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
I use Pale Moon since it eats about half the memory of Firefox and has the older Firefox interface so I could shrink all the toolbar shit into a single, merged tabs/address/search bar.

All dis screen space.
My problem with Pale Moon is that the tabs aren't at the top of the window. I can't stand that.

Also, not gonna lie, thought this thread was titled Good Bowser Alternatives and I was gonna suggest Ganondorf.