TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
I believe that there should be a limit to how often you can use the /gimme command. Currently there are people who bind it to a key and spam the key to gain infinite ammo. This allows them ungodly abilities to spawn camp as they can spawn powerful weapons with low clip sizes and keep firing without reloading. I recently ran into an example where someone spawned in a Direct hit with a clip size of two, increased explosion radius, and increased damage. He could one shot any class with 200 or less health without hitting them directly. The weapon also had the same explosion radius as a normal rocket launcher. If he got in or near our spawn we couldn't get out until after he died and it took us dying nearly 30 times for him to kill him. After which he used scout speed and heavy health to get to our spawn in around 30 seconds. I believe there should be a cooldown, a limit to how often you are allowed to use it, or a rule to keep people from gaining infinite ammo with it.

TheMiningAlex

Also this has caused problems with people using other overpowered weapons and gaining massive amounts of health in the pas based off of a simple search of /gimme. iff we could set a limit on it this could help cut down on it as a whole rather than removing individual weapons.

Mr. Socko

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
-1, This is the idle server we are talking about. If you are having hard time playing with donators abusing the /give commands, you should try the normal servers where it is disabled. I am not a donator myself but I find no problem donators using it instead it benefits the server by more people donating to get the feature.

Reactions: BBQ Prophet

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

Donators give money to support the servers - for this, we reward them with certain commands and abilities.
Due to the nature of trade and idle, they are not serious and if you can still complete the goal of the server - then there's no problem.

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I believe that there should be a limit to how often you can use the /gimme command. Currently there are people who bind it to a key and spam the key to gain infinite ammo. This allows them ungodly abilities to spawn camp as they can spawn powerful weapons with low clip sizes and keep firing without reloading. I recently ran into an example where someone spawned in a Direct hit with a clip size of two, increased explosion radius, and increased damage. He could one shot any class with 200 or less health without hitting them directly. The weapon also had the same explosion radius as a normal rocket launcher. If he got in or near our spawn we couldn't get out until after he died and it took us dying nearly 30 times for him to kill him. After which he used scout speed and heavy health to get to our spawn in around 30 seconds. I believe there should be a cooldown, a limit to how often you are allowed to use it, or a rule to keep people from gaining infinite ammo with it.

You should maybe fight fire with fire > Donate here> https://www.skial.com/pages/donate/
And
Show that player what YOU'RE made of.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
We removed all the Valve weapons to give people a fair chance though.

I'm not sure how we would solve the infinite ammo exploit. Putting a rate limit on /gimme would make it very annoying to use.

TheMiningAlex

I agree it would be annoying to use, a lot of commands on a lot of server groups i have played on have examples. sometimes skials votemenu cooldown is annoying but not often. one server i play on limits color and resize commands to once a minute to avoid spam but if you chose the wrong color you are stuck with it and very noticeable.

Would it be such an annoyance to require people to wait 10 seconds between command usage. it allows them to get weapons relatively quickly but not have infinite ammo as well. thats just my suggestion.

TheMiningAlex

i feel like 1-2 would still allow for the ammo. at minimum i would say 4 or 5 seconds it gives 12 seconds if you want a full loadout. 3 might make the cut except for some things with high ammo counts.

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
We removed all the Valve weapons to give people a fair chance though.

Thats dumb,

1 its a trade/idle servers
2 thats one of the reasons I donated $50. I like to use weapons that I do not have. non-valve weapons are just the basic ones that you get i beleave?. Whats the point than?

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Whats the point than?
You can use, say, the ultimate OP loadout of Black Box, Gunboats and Ullapool Caber with Scout Speed and Heavy Health. But Valve weapons would be awesome and a much better reason to donate.
A cooldown/removal of the text announcement for /gimme would also be awesome.

TheMiningAlex

You can use, say, the ultimate OP loadout of Black Box, Gunboats and Ullapool Caber with Scout Speed and Heavy Health. But Valve weapons would be awesome and a much better reason to donate.
A cooldown/removal of the text announcement for /gimme would also be awesome.

I believe valve weapons were removed a long while ago for being too overpowered.
I also believe that they did remove the /gimme server announcement when people used it.
I'm suggesting a 4-ish second cooldown on the command itself to stop people from using it to gain infinit ammo on many of the weapons so that they never have to reload. This way they can't stand in one spot in front of spawn or anywhere else shooting forever with very little chance of being shot themselves. For example people will use it with explosives to stand in front of spawn and they won't ever have to move back to reload; so people can't rush them to shoot back. Especially since they are explosives and allow you to shoot around corners where people can't see you. Or they might spam the force of nature so you get shot back very quickly because now they can shoot you 20 times without reloading.

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I suppose we should disable the RTD feature too? Some of them are to OP as well.

TheMiningAlex

I suppose we should disable the RTD feature too? Some of them are to OP as well.

rtd eventually ends and runs out. A player gets something and it is over in 20 seconds. Afterwards there is a 60 second cooldown before you can use rtd again. A donator gets infinite ammo and has it for the entire time that they are on the server. If the donator starts killing you or shooting you to the point where you just cant move there is no end to it. If someone roles homing projectiles you die a few times and its over.

EDIT: Im suggesting this so as to help end some non-valve weapons that are broken when used like this, as some of them have been before, and to stop having people unable to leave their own spawn for nearly an hour or more at a time. If a donator gives themselves any kind of rocket launcher or grenade launcher then they can shoot projectiles around the corners into your spawn and never leave to reload. this means that you never have a brief moment of peace to run around that corner and shoot them, this also means that because the explosions deal so much damage you cant risk moving out of spawn or you will simply die. If you go through the afk conveyor then chances are that someone is camping that to farm something. I have only ever seen a donator die quickly doing this once and it took 9 people charging at once to do it and all 9 people died.

When non donators spawn camp each other it is an even matchup, both spawns have reload times which means both spawn have points where they are vulnerable to counter attack. Both sides can leave their spawns if they wait for them to reload and the time their exit in between. When a donator does so they can stand and never leave so then you have the problem where there is no time where you can leave. There are many other ways this can be abused. If they use a force of nature they can have infinite ammo and continuously shoot you backwards off a cliff while you are reloading and cant shoot them, because the force of nature as a high fire rate it will also do damage quickly.

I am only proposing that you implement a 3 second minimum (though 4 or 5 second preferably) cooldown. This would allow for only 2 weapons, the miniguns and the flamethrowers to have infinite ammo, flamethrower range is small anyways so even with infinite ammo it is easily countered, and heavies move slowly when spun up so you can out maneuver them and they don't deal really high amounts of damage. The rocket launcher has a low clip size because it has such high damage, and the ability to spam rockets for more then it should while not having a reload time makes it very difficult if not impossible to counter not to mention the addition of the heavy health and scout speed make it that much more difficult to kill them. I don't want you to remove these weapons or the speed but with a 5 second cooldown max you would only have to wait 15 seconds in total to get 3 weapons. I don't think it is too much for us to ask that you wait 5 seconds (which if you don't have binds you use that time to type anyways) to get a new weapon, especially since we have to wait for over 1 minute just to get a 1/20+ chance to get crits, ubercharge, or die, etc.

Last edited:

BBQ Prophet

rtd eventually ends and runs out. a player gets something and it is over in 20 seconds. A donator gets infinite ammo and has it for the entire time that they are on the server. if the donator starts killing you or shooting you to the point where you just cant move there is no end to it. if someone roles homing projectiles you die a few times and its over.
This is only on objectiveless servers where it doesn't matter if you die and you can stay in spawn if you want. No big deal.

TheMiningAlex

This is only on objectiveless servers where it doesn't matter if you die and you can stay in spawn if you want. No big deal.

But people don't want to sit in spawn and don't want to be forced to do so either. when you join a server to run around and have fun but then end up spending 60+ minutes in one room because you literally can't leave it leaves a bad impression.

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
But people don't want to sit in spawn and don't want to be forced to do so either. when you join a server to run around and have fun but then end up spending 60+ minutes in one room because you literally can't leave it leaves a bad impression.

So you are tell me that in 60 min that no one teamed up to over take the player? Scout drinking Atomic Punch to get out? RTD to get a god mode or something usefull...ect..ect...I have come across some swawn campers and was able to deal with it and I am not that good of a player. Hell, 2 of the maps have other exits. And oh wait, Cant you change teams? or is tteams ballanced.

Dave

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
And thinking about it, why do we not have other players posting about the issue with the weapons being OP and stuff. I looked at the vote and 7 out of 8 voted no?

Please @TheMiningAlex , I am not hating you for it, I just dont see the support from players on it.

TheMiningAlex

So you are tell me that in 60 min that no one teamed up to over take the player? Scout drinking Atomic Punch to get out? RTD to get a god mode or something usefull...ect..ect...I have come across some swawn campers and was able to deal with it and I am not that good of a player. Hell, 2 of the maps have other exits. And oh wait, Cant you change teams? or is tteams ballanced.

I know you mean no hate. I also see my votes and idk if it is just people who don't pay much attention to it or not but it is a small number so I'll take it with salt. However all of your solutions have some big downsides. And to some people those outweigh the upside. For example teaming up. Against explosives it isn't as much help since everyone takes 60 damage at the same time. Going scout. Good job you got out but turns out you were trying to have a class battle or are trying to level up something and you can't get it now cause your spawn is blocked. Using rtd. It can take you 15 minutes before you get a positive role and even then it might not be something that will get you past a wall of explosions. I understand that donators should get something but they really shouldn't have that huge of an advantage. Give them weapons yes but don't give them enough ammo to singlehandedly kill an entire team 35 times and only die 2 times in the process. You suggest that people use methods of leaving that are very impractical or that completely remove the reason they joined. I'm looking at this from the view of both the people who are there for a reason and the donators. If someone wants to have a spy, sniper or melee battle with someone than switch to scout is something they don't want to do. If you are leveling an item then the same thing. If you are a donator is it really such a big deal that you wait 5 seconds to use a command. It causes no more of a delay than typing out the commands one by one causes. You can still get the weapons and have fun with them but you don't become the slayer of armies either.

BBQ Prophet

I know you mean no hate. I also see my votes and idk if it is just people who don't pay much attention to it or not but it is a small number so I'll take it with salt. However all of your solutions have some big downsides. And to some people those outweigh the upside. For example teaming up. Against explosives it isn't as much help since everyone takes 60 damage at the same time. Going scout. Good job you got out but turns out you were trying to have a class battle or are trying to level up something and you can't get it now cause your spawn is blocked. Using rtd. It can take you 15 minutes before you get a positive role and even then it might not be something that will get you past a wall of explosions. I understand that donators should get something but they really shouldn't have that huge of an advantage. Give them weapons yes but don't give them enough ammo to singlehandedly kill an entire team 35 times and only die 2 times in the process. You suggest that people use methods of leaving that are very impractical or that completely remove the reason they joined. I'm looking at this from the view of both the people who are there for a reason and the donators. If someone wants to have a spy, sniper or melee battle with someone than switch to scout is something they don't want to do. If you are leveling an item then the same thing. If you are a donator is it really such a big deal that you wait 5 seconds to use a command. It causes no more of a delay than typing out the commands one by one causes. You can still get the weapons and have fun with them but you don't become the slayer of armies either.
Says you; literally just you. lol