Did a gaming mouse help you in game?

• Yes

Votes: 15 57.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

λir

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Recently I obtained a logitech g500 (really nice, couldn't reccomend more) and I noticed that once I got used to the feel of it, after about 10 minutes, my hitscan improved DRAMATICALLY, and it never skips/jumps on my screen like my old mouse did. My air-strafing is smoother, and I have higher accuracy with projectiles as well. Dying less in scrims and getting more damage out ever since I got this mouse, I want to know if anyone else experiences an improvement after going to a new gaming mouse.
It mattered for me.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Personally, i have a basic Logitech M525 cordless mouse. I know corded is the way to go for gaming but i see absolutely no difference in corded optical and cordless optical. Also my USB receiver for the mouse is maybe 2 feet direct line of sight which helps i believe. Also i keep the batteries fresh. Also i think the mouse pad is more important than the quality of the mouse. I like the blue/black fabric ones, not the hard top ones. Besides a gaming mouse just has more buttons i think. Probably the same optical inside.

There's my opinion, take it for what it's worth :)

TheHolyPig

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I bought the Logitech G9X a month ago and my gameplay improved, it felt more comfortable and i could customize the weights and stuff. I think gameing mice might be only necessary for certain games though.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
G700 reporting in.
Literally a direct upgrade from my stock mouse in every aspect, even though I only bought it to put dispenser here on one of the custom buttons.

Reactions: EvanFlew

VEGAN DAD

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i own both the g400 and 500 and i use the 400 along with the puretrack talent and it does wonders

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
yes. it helps me spam my binds better at the end of every round i win
KolVpqF.png

have something bound to all those side things lol

Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human
Definitely. Gaming mice are MADE for gaming, which means that sensitivity, smoothness, the feel, etc are very very important and are taken as so when the creators built their respective products. As opposed to the standard mouse that I have, which is the basics: scroll wheel, LMB + RMD.

Really wish I could get a lower end gaming mouse in so I can actually use the mouse to bind keys. (Playing bf3, really hard sometimes to keep pressing G to throw a 'nade, or F to melee, or 4 to take out my defib -- if I'm playing Assault ofc)

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Mice doesn't matter to much. what matters is your muscle memory for that mouse. This is the mouse i use
zoom_s_p_23245_1.jpg.ashx

A cheap $5 mouse. Nothing special to it.

Sure a gaming mouse might make me slighty better, but overall its about equal if you are comparing practice time.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
As long as the sensor is nice and the grip fits, doesn't matter much.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I used this because I am a lefty and it's comfortable in my hand. I say whatever floats your boat or you feel comfortable with, whether it's $5 or $100.

razer-deathadder-left-handed-mouse.jpg

Lord Killington

Legendary Skial King
Personally I have a RAT that I use, and it feels really nice and has a few extra buttons, but that's all, no increase in my performance

Morbuzka

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I use some old ambidextrous Microsoft mouse from 2006. I'm not lefty, but I'm broke too. I play fine with it.

ModSe7en

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Mine's only better because it has a DPI switch and 2 side buttons. There's nothing special about it that I can notice.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Yes gaming mice can make a difference, they wont make you play any better, but when you are at the top of your game, that little difference in precision can make all the difference. buttons on the side can be quite convenient as well.
Zebra's right about muscle memory, even if you change the sens slightly on any mouse, it will throw you out for a while till you adjust.

There is also response time to take into consideration.. milliseconds in a game can make the difference between getting the kill or being killed, this is mostly determined by polling rate.
A standard mouse will normaly have a polling rate of 125hz and most gaming mice now run at between 500hz -1000hz, you can force polling rate on an old mouse, but if you run win7 it is a real bitch to configure.

The other and probably most important thing to consider is comfort.. for gaming you will be moving more frantic and more rapidly than when browsing or using other apps, so you need a good fit on your mouse, for example I tried out the razer naga, it was no good at all for my hands, it made me grip the mouse with my little finger and the mouse is pretty heavy, and arches quite high, so after a while of use it got really uncomfortable.

I use a deathadder now, its the biggest mouse I can find for my large hands, i run it at 3500 dpi and poll at 500hz, as i find 1000hz can get a bit skippy at times on my pc.

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I currently use just a crappy $10 mouse, and I have to say, after I borrowed my friends Gaming mouse I was somewhat jealous. When I use my mouse, it twitches/accelerates or decelerate too quickly, causing me to miss a lot of shots. But when I was using my friends mouse, I was getting headshot after headshot as sniper and spy.

So, I do have to say, they help your aim, and can contribute to how good you are.

But how could I forget, you have to have hats and unusuals to increase your skill even more after you get a good mouse.