Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Now it's still in progress but so far:
  • Up to 6 reds (depending on server player count) must defend a briefcase against blues.
  • Blues are stripped of their primary weapon.
  • For Blues to win, they must capture the briefcase.
  • For Reds to win they must defend the briefcase until the timer finishes.
  • (Undecided) There are no healthkits and the only way to get health it go into a "healing room".
  • (Undecided) The healing room can only have one player inside at a time, this encourages players not to hog the healing room too as it will prevent their team from defending.
The main plugin is almost done, my main focus now is getting a test map done since it must only contain one briefcase.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Reds will have their "base" in which they must defend the briefcase which will be in one of the rooms.

It's pretty much one-way CTF with a twist. There are only a few reds and everyone else is blue but with primaries removed to balance it.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Now it's still in progress but so far:

• Up to 6 reds (depending on server player count) must defend a briefcase against blues.
    Blues are stripped of their primary weapon.
    For Blues to win, they must capture the briefcase.
    For Reds to win they must defend the briefcase until the timer finishes.
    (Undecided) There are no healthkits and the only way to get health it go into a "healing room".
    (Undecided) The healing room can only have one player inside at a time, this encourages players not to hog the healing room too as it will prevent their team from defending.
The main plugin is almost done, my main focus now is getting a test map done since it must only contain one briefcase.

Why strip of primary weapons?

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
But wouldn't 6 miniguns be unfair against 18 or 26 players in a small room? Or 6 huntsmans...

idk, it's not just one room it's like there's a flag room and the blues spawn outside and must infiltrate inside. think I should just allow primaries?

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
idk, it's not just one room it's like there's a flag room and the blues spawn outside and must infiltrate inside. think I should just allow primaries?

No I wouldn't do that. Class limits for red would make more sense (2 of each class at the maximum)

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
No I wouldn't do that. Class limits for red would make more sense (2 of each class at the maximum)
This, and maybe a restriction to certain classes like engi or pyro (pyro being able to m1 through the whole blu team 'cause no counter, engi being able to build sentries that have no way of reaching and dispensers which would give your team unlimited ammo without chance of breaking).

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
@Cream Tea

I know I could've messaged you privately, but recording here so messages don't expire over time.
If you're making the map(s) yourself (and I'm happy to help out, very interested in this concept) - could I suggest a couple of things? I'd like to know what everyone else thinks about these ideas too- some are drastic, others are more reasonable, but all of them are in an attempt to help the gamemode.
  1. Engineers shouldn't be allowed to build sentries, easy enough to do: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Func_nobuild
    1. Balances the gamemode against simply camping in the "intelligence" room with 6+ sentries (for lack of a better term)
    2. Still allows the engineer to be useful, dispensers/teleporters can still be built anywhere.
    3. This could either be for the "defend" side of the map, or for the entire map (I think entire map isn't a bad idea)
  2. Health & ammo packs should decrease in size towards the defenders, the closer to the blu base you are = bigger the pack
    1. This is useful for two reasons, firstly it encourages engineers/defenders to come further out to get ammo/health
    2. Secondly, it makes it harder to sustain attack of the "intelligence" room/area
  3. Healing rooms, not sure how obvious/intuitive this is- it should be obvious that only one person can be in there at once (I like this idea, by the way)
    1. Make the number of rooms even and have them equal distance from either base
    2. Rooms should have two enterances, one from the attackers side and one from the defenders side
    3. It should be visible, from a distance, when there is someone in the room
    4. I'm not sure about this - but maybe have a window on the side of the room
    5. I'm also not sure about this - make the room teleport the player out after X amount of time