Sour

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
This can work with any other applicable games that are also ran by Skial but I find it sort of odd that there are no public lists for your servers staff members.

The links BotTiger has posted in old 2011 forums for a steam group named "skial-admins" is not a valid url, and does not work, and after searching not only here, on Google, or asking other people who have been on these servers for a while, nobody can give me an answer to where I can find a list of all staff members.

Possibly the steam group url is broken?
Maybe the list is hidden somewhere and needs to be updated?

I pay for premium and make my fair share of valid approved reports here, but can only find lists of users that moderate or admin the forums, not the servers.

Attachments

• 1653544473.png
    1653544473.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Rand

gala

TF2 Admin
Contributor
This can work with any other applicable games that are also ran by Skial but I find it sort of odd that there are no public lists for your servers staff members.

The links BotTiger has posted in old 2011 forums for a steam group named "skial-admins" is not a valid url, and does not work, and after searching not only here, on Google, or asking other people who have been on these servers for a while, nobody can give me an answer to where I can find a list of all staff members.

Possibly the steam group url is broken?
Maybe the list is hidden somewhere and needs to be updated?

I pay for premium and make my fair share of valid approved reports here, but can only find lists of users that moderate or admin the forums, not the servers.
Why do you need a list of current staff

• Dumb
Reactions: Pup de la Babe

Sour

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Why do you need a list of current staff
Well most communities / large groups already have them publicly listed, I don't really understand the need to keep the information hidden from the public / players who are signed in to the skial website, along with the old steam group I had mentioned in the main post titled "skial-admins" no longer being a valid url for anyone to access as you can see here.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/skial-adminshttps://www.skial.com/threads/admin-reference-guide.82/
The post is from over 10 years ago now and just seemed to be needing an update.

Reactions: Rand

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
We don’t have the time to be constantly update a list that does basically nothing for us. We also don’t want players to have a list of people to watch out for.

It’s not private information. You can see it by our name in the forums or in discord.

Last edited:

Sour

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
We don’t have the time to be constantly update a list that does basically nothing for us. We also don’t want people to have a list of people to watch out for.

It’s not private information. You can see it by our name in the forums or in discord.
Is there a difference between forum admins and ingame admins? Or are they equally the same?

Bottiger

Administrator
It is just extra work to maintain such a list especially when people constantly change their names. It wasn't worth the hassle.

We noticed it was outdated so we decided to just remove it.

There's really no good reason for people to have a list of admins. People just use it to either safely break the rules when they see that no admins are on the server, or so they can pm them instead of making reports. Neither behavior is something we want to encourage.

Even when we had a list people on reddit are still claiming they got banned or muted by an admin when it was done through a server vote.