• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

lue64

Scarcely Lethal Noob
so some people were arguing about friendliness on a 2fort server and someone brought up the server rules about greifing with the word "friendlies" included with greifing. i would agree with these rules, but it's a 2fort server. no one's going to be doing the objective i.e capping. i just want some discussion on these rules

Node

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
"The rules say no public indecency but this is a McDonalds, no one is going to care."

Rules are rules, people are capping, people are defending, people are playing the game and not just treating it like a chatroom

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
so some people were arguing about friendliness on a 2fort server and someone brought up the server rules about greifing with the word "friendlies" included with greifing. i would agree with these rules, but it's a 2fort server. no one's going to be doing the objective i.e capping. i just want some discussion on these rules

Friendlies are just free kills for the enemy team.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Search "friendlies" on this forum. There's very little discussion.....it's usually people masking their disdain in the form of a debate.

This topic is more worn out than a whores cooter.

Node

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
ok, i was just wondering about opinions on these arguments
Ok, so my opinion is I don't like them. I play tf2 after work to unwind after a long day. I am intentionally looking for a shooter game where I can help my team push, I am looking for that kind of gameplay and as I have invested a lot of time into this game (been playing since the game launched), I choose to play tf2. If I wanted to play a causal game I would play something like stardew, if I wanted to just chat I would play VRchat.

Now imagine going into a game where the goal is to push for the objective and see players not doing that, taking up a slot for a player would would want to actually play, getting in the way, and whining that I'm killing them then you can see why I would dislike them.

Its like going to a tennis court to play tennis and find a bunch of kids running around taking up a court while not playing and doing tik tok videos. They are are using something for not its purpose.

GoldSrc

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
What a poor, unfortunate man. I almost think he made his account just to post this.

lue64

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Ok, so my opinion is I don't like them. I play tf2 after work to unwind after a long day. I am intentionally looking for a shooter game where I can help my team push, I am looking for that kind of gameplay and as I have invested a lot of time into this game (been playing since the game launched), I choose to play tf2. If I wanted to play a causal game I would play something like stardew, if I wanted to just chat I would play VRchat.

Now imagine going into a game where the goal is to push for the objective and see players not doing that, taking up a slot for a player would would want to actually play, getting in the way, and whining that I'm killing them then you can see why I would dislike them.

Its like going to a tennis court to play tennis and find a bunch of kids running around taking up a court while not playing and doing tik tok videos. They are are using something for not its purpose.

that's actually a good analogy.

GoldSrc

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
And since you asked for my opinion, here it is.
Friendlies are good for TF2 as a whole, but are not good for skial. Skial servers tend to be more serious and the people in them want to play the game and get objectives done, no matter what hinders them. Friendlies can hinder a serious game by directly helping the enemy. I don't think the loss of a player is that important as TF2 is more focused on individual skill.

Trillium

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I love playing friendly heavy but instead of a sandwich it's the family business in my secondary, which I then use to blow away other players who think I'm friendly, but usually if someone is friendlying, I just ignore it, since I used to do it too way back when, so, it would be hypocritical of me to kill them, unless they are annoying the fuck out of me in text/voice chat, then I report them on the forums

GoldSrc

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
I love playing friendly heavy but instead of a sandwich it's the family business in my secondary, which I then use to blow away other players who think I'm friendly, but usually if someone is friendlying, I just ignore it, since I used to do it too way back when, so, it would be hypocritical of me to kill them, unless they are annoying the fuck out of me in text/voice chat, then I report them on the forums
This but spy

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
I love playing friendly heavy but instead of a sandwich it's the family business in my secondary, which I then use to blow away other players who think I'm friendly
This is a war crime, sir.

RAD.

Remember kids, violating the laws of war are cool!
Geneva Convention? They ran out of tickets, so I couldn't go.
Commit genocide on your local non-combatants today!

mub

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Ah yes, The Geneva Suggestion
unknown.png