MAL

Mildly Menacing Medic
This best explains it (reference http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Freeze_Tag) :

In the Freeze Tag game mode, you attempt to complete the objective of the map you are on as normal (be it pushing the cart or capturing points).

The only difference is when anybody dies in this game mode, they are frozen in place where they died for a certain amount of time. Players can be unfrozen if a team member comes to resuscitate the player by standing within a certain perimeter of the player. Once the unfreezing is complete, the player may resume normal gameplay from the spot they were revived. If someone is frozen their name will be displayed in the upper left corner showing how much longer players have to stay within their perimeter.

After a certain amount of time, if nobody rescues a player, they will be killed and respawn as normal.

Depending on the version of Freeze Tag being played, there will be one of two effects whilst frozen. One possible effect is that the player will only be able to revolve around and use Special taunts. The second possible effect fully stuns the player, leaving the player unable to move or attack. Calling for Medic while in this state will instead make the player call for help.

It's amazingly fun to play. Promotes teamwork and brings a new dimension to your standard maps.

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It seems kinda fun, but this kind of server would always be empty as nobody knows what's Freezetag.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
what we really need is another no crit no spread server. As you can tell it worked out perfectly. v

MAL

Mildly Menacing Medic
99.198.108.170:27016 is the one I used to play on however there isn't anyone there at the moment. I mostly wanted to see if there was any interest from the Skial community. I remember only playing Freezetag when I found out it existed (before fortwars). It seems Skial is mostly focused on new/random players however so it may not work. I've always loved that plugin, it's definitely more fun then saxton imo and that server gets a lot of use for some reason.. It's like you said though people don't know what it is so won't actively seek it out. If enough people like it (vote yes) then it might be worth a shot.

Reactions: Turovik

Bottiger

Administrator
I just talked to someone interested in this plugin (xomp the spammer). He says the plugin is broken.