Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
What about a Freeze Tag server?
I used to play freeze tag in a Q3 mod and it was by far the most popular game type.
Basics:
If you lose all your HP you get frozen on the spot until a team mate stands next to you for 'X' seconds, upon which you "thaw" and are back in the game (re-spawn or just thaw, with full or half hp, it's tweak-able I believe).

The team that have all their players frozen lose the game.

It's a good paced game as you can relax/chat/chill while frozen, but it can also get pretty intense. Ghosting isn't frowned upon, plus it has an inherent additional level of strategy and tactics. You can play just casually or full on try hard and it's still balanced. The game is heavily team based and I doubt there is need to restrict any weapons.
I just haven't played it on a TF2 server, so don't know if it translates properly

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1863390

bl0

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Doesn't seem to be popular anywhere, and I can't really maintain 20+ different game modes.

That's a shame, but understandable.

Sounds good tbh Maddo, 1+ even though it got declined. :(

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This got declined real fast tbh.
Would you consider prefixing the thread as needing supporters??? If 100 people +1 the suggestion it could be worthwhile.. (incoming rainbows)
Qui audet adipiscitur.

Bottiger

Administrator
I will consider it if it gets massive interest on here, but the fact that there haven't been any tag servers that survived up until now either on TF2 or CS seems to suggest that people don't like to play it anymore.

True Darkian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Players that liked an old gamemode would appreciate a revival.
I'd like to try this out.

I wish Fortwars came back too.
I need Fortwars back in my life.